The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Extreme vibration when in gear stop at light

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Extreme vibration when in gear stop at light

2002 2.4L auto trans
    Extreme vibration felt when on drive stop at light..... If I put in neutral it stops..... When on drive moving no vibration...... Vibration is only when stop at a light (brake applied).... Any ideas?????? Thanks

JAC00BLKES
    It's a bad motor mount
    I had the same problem

Have you had it looked at

TGC Regular
    Which motor mount do you think? I kind have the same problem but my vibrating is not too bad
    Last edited by Cheekz185; 03-11-2009 at 03:22 PM

ok I need to get it checked...... visually I did not see anything wrong........ any other sugestion aside from the motor mount

its the tranny mount, i did my front and rear motor mounts and the vibration went away a lil bit then came back harder than ever to the point even on neutral it will vibrate the same and when i replaced the tranny mount it came out in 2 separate pieces and the vibration went away after that

visually you cant inspect it, you have to take it out or stick your fingers in there and feel it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

motor mounts, get them all replaced
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

just like everyone said, motor mounts all 4 of them

how much should I expect to pay to a good mechanic????????? or this is as simple as 123......Thanks.

its realy not that hard if you mechanically inclined ( good with ur hands), youll need a good floor jack , socket set, and a repair manual,haynes or chiltons, only like 15-20$ to guide you thru pretty simple job that could run u into hundreds at a shop. i might be wrong but i think sum1 here has covered this , use the 'search". gud luck

its very easy especially if you do all 4 at once, the rear and the tranny mount are a lil more tedious but the front and passenger sides are cake

for the tranny mount you will have to remove the battery tray and since that is removed it will give you good and easy access to the rear mount

for the passenger you will have to take the reservoir out of its place which just slides up

for the front you have to get under the car for that

for the passenger side mount i jacked the car up from the oil pan using a jack and a nice size piece of wood so i wouldnt put a dent in the pan and for the front and rear i forgot where i jacked the car from
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

blue8g
    is there anything wrong if my car vibrates just a little bit, not a lot just when sitting and it's very light..

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    is there anything wrong if my car vibrates just a little bit, not a lot just when sitting and it's very light..
    Slight vibration when stopped and in DRIVE is not indicative of any major problems. Mounts eventually go bad, no material suited for automotive purposes will last forever either. Drop it in NEUTRAL next time you are stopped at a light and the little vibration you feel should disappear. I notice on my car that if I don't let it warm up and then come to full stops soon after I get moving, the vibration is more noticeable.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

blue8g
    ^exactly what i feel