The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just ordered my teins

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Just ordered my teins

I just ordered my teins for the G and hopefully she will be lowered and back on the road within the next 2 weeks. The driver side seat will hopefully be done but none of the other reupholstering is done yet. Baby steps.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

springs or coilovers?

I just went with spings Im not going for anything performances wise I am just getting rid of the monstrous wheel gap

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ah, I was going to say, who still buys Tein coilovers :P
    7g for life!

lol nah just getting S-Techs so she should look nice in 2 weeks and that awful truck can come off the road so I can rebuild what I need to for next winter

So my tiens came today xcore told me shipping on Greddy's old struts would be 60 bucks and didnt get back to me on the flat rate shipping so I'll probably pick up some GR-2s

pics when you get em! haha

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    So my tiens came today xcore told me shipping on Greddy's old struts would be 60 bucks and didnt get back to me on the flat rate shipping so I'll probably pick up some GR-2s
    This thread was pointless, up until that post. Don't get GR-2s. Save you money and get the AGXs. You will be much happier with the drop.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Gbaby2089
    pics when they are on or BAN!

^dude, there are a bunch of galants with teins on them, just search through some of the members rides
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i was thinking gr2 or agx im still torn

^agx
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

G_RIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    i was thinking gr2 or agx im still torn
    im deciding between those also. i think ima go with the gr2 just cuz they're a lil cheaper and i dont think i need the adjustability on the agx.

im not trying to slam I just want a more aggressive ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbaby2089 View Post
    pics when they are on or BAN!
    lol...how bout pics of the install small tutorial? im sure its easy, trying tolearn b4 i do it myself thnx man

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

G_RIDE
    the only diff is im gonna go with the megan springs.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    lol...how bout pics of the install small tutorial? im sure its easy, trying tolearn b4 i do it myself thnx man

~Gabe
    There is a tut already here is what happens in a nutshell, granted I havent done it get I've done suspensions before at body shop.
    Fronts:
    Put compressor on springs unbolt strut from top and buttom while supporting the front brakes with a jack stand as they fall slowly uncompress the old coil after disasembling the strut then compress new one re asemble strut uncompress install opposite of taking off

Rears: Take rear seat out, bench you look underneath for 2 white clips pull them and pop the bench out then unbolt all the bolts on the bottom of the rear back rest, 4 or 5 of them. Push up firmly and slide it out. Unbolt the rears from there. Be sure to put something to stop rear brakes from popping up. Remove the strut compress if you have to but rears are much looser and easy to get on. Reinstall put seat back in wheels on and drop her off the jacks.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14538

thats the old how to maybe I'll make a new one if I feel like it :p

most of the questions you have about projects can be answered if you simply look ;)

I want pics of how your car looks with em on :)

I have the Tein Springs on the same year and everything...rides like a dream man good choice.

How long will stock shocks be alright with tein springs?

I want to get rid of the horrific wheel gap, but I head that when you get springs you should also get shocks, because your stock shocks won't do so well with new springs.

Is this true?