The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SUBS cuttin out!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

SUBS cuttin out!!!!!

ok heres the deal..whenever i come to a stop mainly at a light with the heat on and my radio on i can tell the subs cuttin out either no bass at all or little puny bass haha...i also came to find that if the volume reaches a certain number it will also cut oout...so i thought that 1. could be the alternater 2. a new battery (now the battery i would have to say is a year old but i saw that it doesnt fill up the whole tray? kinda smaller then the first one? 3. upgradin the amp...i do have a capacitor as well

what im runnin is 2 10'' rockford fosgate subs and a kenwood 640watt amp and a pioneer headhunit forget the model but this is wat i have http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...S/980b4a52.jpg

so if sumone can put some feed into this i would appreciate i need my bass lmao!!!1

thanks, Ed

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    it is probroblly reaching "protection mode" basically you are overpowering them or they are not realy wired 100% correctly check your settings and adjust them see if it remedies the problem

Which fosgate's do you have? P1, P2, P3's or power?

chuck: i have the fosgates punch

fatal: im pretty sure its wired up i mean i had the system in the car since the summer and just acted up like this a week ago..but thanks i'll lookin into the wirin not sure what it is

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    if it just started happening now i would check the amp itself...possibly a voice coil came loose on the sub...also keep in mind that the car shakes and moves so recheck your grounds and power lines etc something could have come loose...althoiugh this is the least likely in that case

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    if it just started happening now i would check the amp itself...possibly a voice coil came loose on the sub...also keep in mind that the car shakes and moves so recheck your grounds and power lines etc something could have come loose...althoiugh this is the least likely in that case
    yea i will check the coils cuz last pair of subs the one snapped but i just checked it yesterday and was fun..and for the wiring its all well not all visisble but i can tell if it came loose and the ground is bolted to a bold under the seat so it wasnt visible

You might allso be over powering your subs. If you have punch p1's those subs are only rated at 150 rms. if the amp is 640 rms (unless its 640 max) your running 240 though each speaker. Thats too most power running through them constantly, you might have run down your subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktown_1843 View Post
    you might have run down your subs.
    and how might i do that...my first car a 1990 grand prix i had the same system i got a bosch alternator adn the problem was fixed

Proto
    What model subs and amp do you have? Model numbers that is.

Edit: I know the thread is from January.