The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: car pc setup recommendations

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

car pc setup recommendations

well i finally decided to finish my car pc that i started to gather for before i went turbo.. I have a nice aopen mini pc with centrino 1.7 ddr 512 wifi and bla bla... I got a new touchscreen tested and working beautifully with it. im gonna use a carnetix p1290 psu because i bought it for 20 bucks.. It has the start up and shutdown controller and simple goodies... i plan to put gps and bluetooth but not now.. I am using it because i like to log and tune so much that i dont wanna use a laptop and i dont want just a dvd player... What are you guys using for gps software and front end car pc software? I found a free software thats very basic that works pretty good -- its called incar terminal -- has basic features and touchscreen view.. Anyone using that or can comment on it?? Thanks
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

I have centrafuse for a front end its great. as far as the gps i have BU-353 GPS Receiver works great, and im runnig inav iguidance 4.0, imo its not the best, it always gives me some weird detours.

i would suggest stuff more ram if you can

here some pics of my setup

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Thats effin awesome!! as an IT guy I would say now I want one haha!

thanks what are you using for a startup controller or psu?
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Nice setup alex. Who did the screen for you ??

To the OP I have a carpc but unfortunately I didn't build so I don't know the specs but I know it has riderunner formerly known as roadrunner

Have you checked out mp3car.com there is alotta useful info on there with a full comparison to all the front ends
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    thanks what are you using for a startup controller or psu?
    I have M2-ATX 160W Intelligent DC-DC PSU has 4 different shutdown options cost me $75

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Nice setup alex. Who did the screen for you ??
    That screen i bought from Niytrus, but it already died...was way old i found a thread on mp3car.com dating back to 2002 or so, someone molded it. But i already got a different screen molded myself, if you need one molded let me know, i might help.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

I just rebuilt mine from the ground up..
    SPECS
    Intel D945GCLF Mini-ITX Motherboard with Integrated Atomâ„¢ Processor
    2GB OF Memory
    120GB 7200 2.5" Hd
    OPUS 320W Intelligent DC-DC PSU
    SoundBlaster X-Fi 5.1 Plat. XtremeGamer (Best Thing Ever)
    Pharos GPS Receiver(old)
    Phidgets 8/8/8(old)
    Xenarc 7" molded LCD(old)
    TPMS System(old)
    iGuidance 4.0(old)
    Belkin Wifi(old)
    Bluetooth Receiver(old)

and now running on Centrafuse!

With this combo this thing finally runs exactly the way you would ever want it to run, Nice and Quick!

CarPC - V3

The Trunk

2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

haha damn thats a big unit.. hahha very nice i guess ill try centrafuse.... thanks for the help guys

where did you guys mount your units other than goosey with that supercomputer from nasa//

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Yo where did you get that skin dude?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I ripped out my back seat and am making a full fiberglass enclosure for 4 12's. My carputer setup will be mounted under the enclosure...i haven't decided if it will be mounted on a motorized tray or not.

The enclosure is being painted and airbrushed right now. as soon as it is done, i will reinstall it and check the clearance to see if there is enough room. If not, it will probably be mounted behind some smoked plexi with backlighting.

I don't know the full specs of my carputer off the top off my head, but here is what I know:

Dell mobo...@2ghz processor
    20 gig hd
    1 terabyte portable usb HD
    1gig ram
    5.1 (6 channel output) sound card
    Streetdeck 2.0 front end
    usb wifi
    usb bluetooth
    usb gps
    Lilliput 10.4" touchscreen (currently molding into dash)

Last edited by tom04841; 04-04-2009 at 06:11 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Goose, nice choice in motherboards. I have 3 of those.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678