The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking at 18" Wheels...help with fitment question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member

Looking at 18" Wheels...help with fitment question

OK I have searched a bit here for wheel sizing and offsets so I am a little up to spec with things, but I still have a question (second thoughts).

I have a guy locally who has a set of the TSW Vortex wheels on his Infinity G35 coupe for sale (a really good price too).

He purchased the car with the wheels already on them but has all the receipts which show they were purchased at Discount Tire here in Denver. Looking on the website for the wheels for that model the size of the rims was an 18 x 8 with a +40 offset.

Now my question here is will an 8" wide wheel fit under my 99 ES ok, and will this offset work ok with the Brembo upgrade? The guy said he is currently running Brembo on all 4 wheels and the rims clear with no issue, but I need to double check before I make the purchase.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

well, I know for a fact that the G35/350Z brembos are almost identical to the evo's brembos, which is what I assume you're planning to run on your car, so they should fit over the brembos fine.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

The G35 should have had staggered wheels, I'd check with what he actually purchased, not the wheel companies website.

You shouldn't have any problem with the width.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    well, I know for a fact that the G35/350Z brembos are almost identical to the evo's brembos, which is what I assume you're planning to run on your car, so they should fit over the brembos fine.
    Yes, I am planning to run the Evo Brembo upgrade so I figured they should be identical, if not very similar for the clearance issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The G35 should have had staggered wheels, I'd check with what he actually purchased, not the wheel companies website.
    I had asked him about that as I am familiar with that model of vehicle running a wider rear than front. He said the wheels are identical front and rear for the size width...odd yes, but you would be surprised at some of the work done on cars and trucks out here lol

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

By the way...nice wheels!