The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who has a their car lowered on 18 X 8.5 inch rims?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Tman08

Who has a their car lowered on 18 X 8.5 inch rims?

I have a 2001 galant on 18 X 8.5 inch rims(225/40/18 Hankook Ventus HRII H405). I 'm trying to figure out what is the best way to lower my car and how much. At the moment I have no scrubbing problems. Just wanted to get some advice from experienced people.

I don't think anyone has had any problems lowering them with 18" rims I had 18x8 with a 2" drop and no issues the rim actually tucked under the quartrpanel in the back no rubbing problems here. but it's good to get others opinions also
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

we'll i have 18x 8.5 rimz and i actually gotta offset where my tire actually sticks out of the wheel well... and i dropped the car two inches today with coilovers and no problems at all... rides bumpy but what do u expect when u drop a car
    anthony

Here is what I have noticed. I have 18x7.5's with a +42mm offset. I'm dropped 1.8" in the rear and have a camber kit in the rear. With the rear camber set to 0, I was rubbing. But, when I took a washer off each bolt of the camber kit bringing my camber to -1 degree, I didn't rub anymore. So, it seems that most people with wide rims and/or offsets that make the wheel stick out a bit, don't have any problems with rubbing as long as you leave the camber off. With a 2" drop your camber will be off by about -2 degrees. You probably won't rub, but you will wear out your tires quicker.