The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blacke out interior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 54 of 54
    Quote Originally Posted by RastaAlejandro View Post
    nice work! seeing all the blacked out interiors makes me think i'll have to do more that just blackout mine to stand out now but, your work looks great man! how hard was it to wire up that back speakers???
    HAha well thanks man, to each his own I cant wait to see what you do to yours, the rear speakers are wired easily thru the doors and running boards to the rear amp in the trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    id use some sort of screen over the rear speaker hole and hold it on the hole with a rubber trim ring. black interior looks good, but u may wish u didnt do the dash in gloss black once the sun starts shining on it and reflecting off the windshield. on a good not though, your car will look freshly armoralled at all times
    Good idea for the rear speaker ill have to try something soon and get pics posted so that we can find another flaw :) lol haha well as for the gloss its not too bad we just had an easter full of sunshine and it didnt bother me one bit while driving! minimal glare but it does look armoralled at all times tho like you said! Thanks!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    No Actually my camera broke halfway thru the interior process and I was left with my G1 to take crappy pics and well I stopped at the carpet.....I could say though if your leaving the mat padding down thats under the original carpet and taking out the old carpet, then just lay 2 rolls of the new carpet down and cut out/bolt in anything that needs to be like seat bolts, seatbelt wire, front foot rests, etc......then trim edges and set under floor board trims, the only bad part about buying the single "walmart" rolls is they end up about 2 ft short either in the rear or front depending where you put it, but I cut out the rear seat clips and slid the carpet in those then lined the rest from there~!? hope that helps I can take better pics this week..Ill have a better camera!
    It does, thanks.

edit: I still think it would be better to keep the gray seats. It gives it a nice off set to all of the black.

When the dash was painted black was it a dye based spray or just a regular spray can. If its a regular spray paint will it eventually crack?

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    When the dash was painted black was it a dye based spray or just a regular spray can. If its a regular spray paint will it eventually crack?
    well I bought a can of black gloss vinyl spray paint online just 1 can for the dash should be good enough for 2 decent coats, its a bit expensive and for what they "say" it does it should be worth it, but its only been about 2 weeks goin on 3 and it looks beautiful still! not even sticky! so I hope it doesnt crack! but ill keep yall posted!

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com...61.html?ref=42

Proto
    I would recommend semi gloss but the full gloss is way too shiny to look stock IMO.

Well I like the armor all look at all time ;) oh and they only sold gloss!

Has anyone done black sun visors!? any suggestions!? Thanks!

TGC Regular
    ^I got mine from a Tiburon, their the same size as the 8G minus the lights. I'm not sure if the 3G will fit.

this came out pretty good i like it with black interior

alot of sun visor are dyed, i was considering dying them and selling them, I tried Reuphosltering it but it came out crappy and i had to buy new visors cause the fabric is Glued on to the Plastic visor itself

i have some pics of my old 2003-2004 reupholstered before i went back to all black

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMitsubishi View Post
    this came out pretty good i like it with black interior
    Thank you, it was worth it!! now all thats left is the visors, steering wheel, and seats! whahahaha sooon all will be complete, I hope!

i have a semi pic of Visors reuphosltered on the pic Above But it came out bad i'd recommend dye instead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123