The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: some simple questions..

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    dza

some simple questions..

trust me i did a few searches and didn't get the results i needed.

For the V6, is the powersteering/air belt necessary? I'm trying to figure out if its connected to anything manditory (ex: alternator).

Also, the things found on http://theonechameleon.tripod.com/tipsandtricks.htm#tb
    Is the throttle plate adjustment the same for the 3.0? I'm trying to figure that out.

Thanks

Senior TGC Member

Re: some simple questions..

Quote Originally Posted by dza
    trust me i did a few searches and didn't get the results i needed.

For the V6, is the powersteering/air belt necessary? I'm trying to figure out if its connected to anything manditory (ex: alternator).

Also, the things found on http://theonechameleon.tripod.com/tipsandtricks.htm#tb
    Is the throttle plate adjustment the same for the 3.0? I'm trying to figure that out.

Thanks
    I dunno about the belt, but I wouldn't mess with it. As for the throttle adjustment it works the exact same way.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I removed the power steering belt once before on an eclipse.. Think of this way, have you ever wrestled a bear? well thats what its going to be like if you take that belt off.. Its not connected to anything mandatory, but trying to wrestle the steering wheel to turn is a handful, i dont recommend taking that thing off..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>I removed the power steering belt once before on an eclipse.. Think of this way, have you ever wrestled a bear? well thats what its going to be like if you take that belt off.. Its not connected to anything mandatory, but trying to wrestle the steering wheel to turn is a handful, i dont recommend taking that thing off..</div>

Yeah, especially if you have wider tires