The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/T prolem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

A/T prolem

Hey whats up.....I can't figure this out, I drove my car to work and on my break and I had no problems. When I got ready to leave I heard a noise and I checked my oil and I was low so I added to it.....after that I reved it up a little and I heard a noise( the car was in park) then I checked and found nonthing....So I paid it no mind and went inside and paid my money for the stuff.....Then I went to leave and my car would not move at all Drive or revese.....checked the fuse (fuse that said A/T and relay I switched them around) nonthing....... I have not had any problems ever until now help....and yes I do have enough fluid......Please she is my DD
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

the fluid has a burnt smell to it..does that mean that it is gone completely help
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-double View Post
    the fluid has a burnt smell to it..does that mean that it is gone completely help
    Is this on a V6? Did you pop any codes?

I had the same problem last week. Vehicle does not move in Drive nor Reverse and instead threw out a bunch of codes.

Took it to a shop today and they estimated around $1800 for a rebuild.... stomach hurts.

wow no codes and yes is v6......I got a quote for a tranny with 8,000 miles for 700.00 and a rebuild for 600.00
    Nice to be back!!!!

Well, the only real way of telling what's going on will be having a trans shop look into it. Could be as simple as the TQ, or the whole trans could be gone. You wouldn't be the first one with a pump failure.
    Here's the link to when mine failed: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=29431 Whoever has their AT rebuilt, pay attention to the 3rd link, in post#10 in my thread.

edit:Just to make sure, is the linkage fine?
    Last edited by gtx; 04-22-2009 at 07:51 AM

well if it does not work fix it and make it better...I am going to get a full auto tranny rebuild kit and shift kit check me out http://www.importperformancetrans.co...uto.shtml#main
    I called the dude today and ordered my shift kit and next week I will get the rebuild.... (GTZ LOVE)
    Nice to be back!!!!