The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radio / Lights / Door Locks Fuse KEEPS BLOWING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    TGC Regular
    So should I just disconnect the main harnessn to the alarms "brain" they try to pop in the radio fuse to see if it pops?

TGC Regular
    I just tried putting in another fuse since it wasnt that cold out today. Turns out that the fuse didnt blow as soon as I put it in. But once I turned the ignition on, the fuse blew.

it couldnt hurt to undue the alarm and try it. and not to insult your intelligence but you are using the right size fuse
    Last edited by galantofva; 03-06-2009 at 11:17 PM

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

TGC Regular
    Haha lol yea, i am using a 10 amp fuse.

TGC Regular
    Ok so today, in my quest to repair the problem I am STILL having, I disconnected pretty much everything up in my center console( radio harness, HVAC, and all other 12v lines for my carPC). After everything was disconnected I popped in a fuse and i was shocked it DIDNT blow! I was sooo happy. SO i get back in my car, close the door and start connecting everything back 1 by 1 to see if it was one of them that keeps triggering it to blow. But it did not blow!! SO I get out of the car close the door and went to close the hood. Then I went to lock my car and the alarm engaged but the doors didnt lock!!! So i check the fuse and its blown. I am thinking it has to be something within the wiring in the door. My mechanic said he saw some bare wires but no completely cut wires that go from the car to the door. I remember when trying to run speaker wire through the rubber I got so frustrated with the rubber I just cut a little slice through the rubber and snaked the speaker wire through. I remember seeing that I cut into some of the wires but BARELY. So my guess is that it is probably in the door wires.

My next question is HOW hard is it to completey remove the harness from the door but NOT through the inside of the car. I just need to remove the wires from the door and have them accessible so I can do some soldering and electrical tape.

Anybody agree that it is probably the wires in the door?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    if theres any bare wires especially for the door locks, that could certainly be the problem...its probrobly grounding out somewhere causing the fuse to blow and since all those components are linked its highly plausable

Its not a ground wire that is causing the fuse to blow. It is a hot power wire causing the fuse to blow. Just wanted to get that one clear first. The second thing is no mater how many things you disconnect the fuse is still going to blow untill you find out where the wire is touching. My best suggestion is to find and follow all aftermarket wires that have been installed in your car. It most likly is not going to be a stock wire in the vehicle. They are pretty much placed in good spots where rubbing is not an issue. Find out which items are aftermarket and that are on that fuse line and it is going to be a pain in the butt, but you will have to follow the wires and findout where the wire has rubbed and causing contact with the body of the car. Once you have found that point wrap it with electrical tape and also make sure you move/position the wire so it wont rub anymore.

That should fix your problem.
    Sorry there really isnt any qwick fix unless you start to removing complete accessories along with all there wiring. And that i do not recommend doing.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    You have a loose/exposed ground or power wire that makes contact with metal, since it did it when you hit a bump.
    if a GROUND wire touches metal it wouldnt blow a fuse stupid face

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i know that when i have to replace that fuse i gotta make sure my overhead lights and everything else effected are off or else it will blow right away too

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    when this happened to me i had to take my over head light down, clean it out n rebend some of the metal.. i guess it got worn out over time n whenever it would go on it would blow my fuse.. problem fixed now tho..

its the freakin alarm!!!!! watch, just pull the harness off the brain box to the alarm then replace the fuse and try locking the doors again.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by galantofva View Post
    its the freakin alarm!!!!! watch, just pull the harness off the brain box to the alarm then replace the fuse and try locking the doors again.
    But if it was the alarm, why would the fuse not blow for a good 10 min while testing it?

did you wait 10 mins to lock it

TGC Regular
    did you wait 10 mins to lock it
    I tested the lock/unlock at leat 5 or 6 times during the 10 min the fuse didnt blow.

hmmmmm, is the fuse blowing and the doors not locking become a problem when locking the doors with the alarm remote vs the button on the door?

TGC Regular
    hmmmmm, is the fuse blowing and the doors not locking become a problem when locking the doors with the alarm remote vs the button on the door?
    The button on the door doesnt work also. But when the car in running Both the remote n button the door work if car is off nothing works

No off to trying to pin point why my defroster isnt working, both the rear defroster and heated mirrors are not working.
    Last edited by Cheekz185; 04-20-2009 at 09:10 PM

TGC Regular
    Finally I was able to fix the problem with the fuse. I literally disconnected everything I could possibly think of. I disconnected the Heads/tails, complete stereo, amp, door panels, even the harness from the door into the car, I even completely disconnected my ALARM. I go to put a fuse in and it sill BLOWS! I was so fed up at this point. I decided to take completely disconnect the battery, and reset the ECU. Finally after doing that no more blow fuses.

Oh and while I disconnected my alarm, I so the white wire for the alarm with a 10 amp fuse inline with the wire. That fuse was blown, replaced that and now the flashers are working when I arm/disarm

TGC Regular
    And of course after a long shitty day today, on my way home from work the fuse blew once again. I got home, I disconnected the battery, ecu and plugged in another fuse, reconnected everything and it still blew. Then I disconnected the door harnesses and put in another fuse and it didnt blow. Connected the passenger side, didnt blow, then i connected the drivers side and that when it blew. But i tested again by disconnecting the drivers side harness, put another fuse in and it blew. SO i have no clue where the short is coming from.

TGC Regular
    I am narrowing down my problem to my door harness. I want to change the front doors harness. Any1 know where I can get a new harness? Junkyard? Also how hard is it to replace? Do I need to take the door off? I have no clue how to remove the harness from the window motor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12