The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Azul Wheels

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    Banned
    People throw a fit at the mention of anybody buying Konig wheels, for example, because they're fucking shitty. These wheels are even a step down from that. Yet I get lambasted for being "elitist." Talk about double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Apparently the only thing really wrong with these wheels other than there are "better" ones in the same price range is that they aren't approved by TJ. And since he is the galant god and clearly a legend in his own (and BJ's of course) mind that's a perfect reason not to buy them. Especially since he's "elite" and shit.

OP, go with what you like, but do a little more shopping and price comparison. Bottom line is that you have to sport them on your car and only your opinion counts.

:-)

JAC00BLKES
    yeah if you like them buy its you galant and your money
    i do think they are aesthetically pleasing like fishboy said if you can buy better for the same amount i would do that

Okay, ill take a lil heat from this. Those wheels "look" nice but you really cant compare to the better quality wheels. even with the paint finish, its still not gonna be the same. hell even the valve stems and caps are better quality than those wheels. I just saying Somewhere down the line youre gonna want a quality wheel. If you had to pick between those wheels and some Volks or whatever for a couple hundred dollars more, as I just showed on the ebay listing in an earlier post, than why not get volks. I have yet to see one guy with a set of Volks, Advans, SSR, Enkei, Zigen, Blacks Racing, Works, etc. say they wanted Konigs. after they had any of those wheels on their car. Yes its your choice if you want those wheels, its your money, but if you really sat down and compared these wheels side by side, they dont even come close in workmanship. Has anyone actually seen those konigs monsoons and compared them to a set of Volk AV3's? BIG DIFFERENCE and you dont need to be a wheel guy to notice the difference.

Now some of us can buy these name brand wheels and some of us cant. But that doesnt mean you cant get them. Hell im a wheel whore and with the exception of my XD-9's and my SF-Winnings, Ive never spent over 1k on my wheels. Honestly, just be patient and the perfect set of quality wheels will pop up and they are gonna be a steal.

Just gotta look at craigslist, ebay, and alot of used wheel sites to get the best bang for your buck.

ill break it down,

my 1st set of wheels were SSR GP-0's, Rare 3 piece wheels, hardly anyone has anymore. I picked them up for 600 bucks with tires.

my 5zigen 5zr 2 piece wheel, which are discontinued and you only see the 1 pieces around, i picked up for 900 with new tires

my Volk GT-P's with center caps, 1st Gen, I picked up for 500 bucks with tires.

the SF-winnings i picked up for like 2300(4 g35) new, and 2300 for staggered 19's is crazy cheap. retail would have been 4k+ without tires!

i could go on, but you get the drift. You dont need wads of cash to get these wheels. Everyone is so impatient to get wheels on their car. I was in your position a long time ago and I know how it feels to have so so wheels and when a deal came along, i didnt have the cash for it. I told myself I would never do that again. and if you wanna know, i picked up some stock GS-T wheels for my toyota truck, and 1 month later, a local guy was selling some Blitz Type 03's for cheap cuz he blew his motor. deep down everyone wants those "Volk Wheels" hahahahaha! hell they're beautiful!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    Okay, ill take a lil heat from this. Those wheels "look" nice but you really cant compare to the better quality wheels. even with the paint finish, its still not gonna be the same. hell even the valve stems and caps are better quality than those wheels. I just saying Somewhere down the line youre gonna want a quality wheel. If you had to pick between those wheels and some Volks or whatever for a couple hundred dollars more, as I just showed on the ebay listing in an earlier post, than why not get volks. I have yet to see one guy with a set of Volks, Advans, SSR, Enkei, Zigen, Blacks Racing, Works, etc. say they wanted Konigs. after they had any of those wheels on their car. Yes its your choice if you want those wheels, its your money, but if you really sat down and compared these wheels side by side, they dont even come close in workmanship. Has anyone actually seen those konigs monsoons and compared them to a set of Volk AV3's? BIG DIFFERENCE and you dont need to be a wheel guy to notice the difference.

Now some of us can buy these name brand wheels and some of us cant. But that doesnt mean you cant get them. Hell im a wheel whore and with the exception of my XD-9's and my SF-Winnings, Ive never spent over 1k on my wheels. Honestly, just be patient and the perfect set of quality wheels will pop up and they are gonna be a steal.

Just gotta look at craigslist, ebay, and alot of used wheel sites to get the best bang for your buck.

ill break it down,

my 1st set of wheels were SSR GP-0's, Rare 3 piece wheels, hardly anyone has anymore. I picked them up for 600 bucks with tires.

my 5zigen 5zr 2 piece wheel, which are discontinued and you only see the 1 pieces around, i picked up for 900 with new tires

my Volk GT-P's with center caps, 1st Gen, I picked up for 500 bucks with tires.

the SF-winnings i picked up for like 2300(4 g35) new, and 2300 for staggered 19's is crazy cheap. retail would have been 4k+ without tires!

i could go on, but you get the drift. You dont need wads of cash to get these wheels. Everyone is so impatient to get wheels on their car. I was in your position a long time ago and I know how it feels to have so so wheels and when a deal came along, i didnt have the cash for it. I told myself I would never do that again. and if you wanna know, i picked up some stock GS-T wheels for my toyota truck, and 1 month later, a local guy was selling some Blitz Type 03's for cheap cuz he blew his motor. deep down everyone wants those "Volk Wheels" hahahahaha! hell they're beautiful!
    nice deals.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i just dont like how it says Azul on the lip. Same reason i didnt pick up these Falken rims locally

I have GP-O's. They were cool when I first got them, but now that I'm missing two center caps, they might as well be Konigs.

I might have one extra one sitting around....just gotta dig around the garage. if I can find another one, ill let you know, so you can rock the GP-0's proudly!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Awesome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    if you are happy with them, then i'm happy for you. the OP was asking for opinions... mine happens to be that these are not nice. i would look for something much nicer, not necesarily expensive, but nicer... ENKEI makes quality wheels and some are not much more expensive than these.
    i wouldnt buy those wheels, theres millions of wheels out there better than those.

if people just had the patience to look, you can find nice wheels for cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volk-...Q5fAccessories
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    x2

i hate how they have the name in the lip, find better looking wheels.

there a few members on here that have AZUL wheels (SLEEKGTZ) and have never had problems
    your not neccesarily gonna have problems with any wheels seeing as how you more than likely drive your car (normally) but he's right. u can get better wheels for cheap and theres an example.

with those volks, if they are actually honda fitment volks, you will more than likely have to run a spacer to clear the hub or get the hub bored out. then again i dont even know if there is a such thing as "honda fitment" volks
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

I would also advocate name brands especially when you can get the quality for like 800 for a set of enkeis. I am running Konigs cause I got a set of 5 locally for 200 if they get fucked up its not something I have to worry about they are good for the time being especially while money was short. Im also running 17s so I have more meat on my tires so my wheels don't take as much brunt when I hit a bad pot hole every once in a while.

looks nice those rims.... and its a really cheaper price so if I was U.... I should go on...!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123