The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 80mph cornering vibrations

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

80mph cornering vibrations

Replaced rotors and pads, used to have warped stock rotors and it was shaking like crazy during high speed braking. Now with new rotors and pads the 60mph braking is fine, but recently i did a 80mph stop and had very similar vibrations to bad rotors.
    Also similar vibrations are coming from the wheels during high speed cornering on a freeway (80mph+) Its not too bad but I would like to know whats causing it. Like its more noticeable when the wheel is under load or something.

Motor mounts, ball joints, control arms, tranny mounts, wheel bearings, hubs I have no clue... ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chastiser View Post
    Replaced rotors and pads, used to have warped stock rotors and it was shaking like crazy during high speed braking. Now with new rotors and pads the 60mph braking is fine, but recently i did a 80mph stop and had very similar vibrations to bad rotors.
    Also similar vibrations are coming from the wheels during high speed cornering on a freeway (80mph+) Its not too bad but I would like to know whats causing it. Like its more noticeable when the wheel is under load or something.

Motor mounts, ball joints, control arms, tranny mounts, wheel bearings, hubs I have no clue... ? thanks
    Im having the same problem. As for the brakes I think it has to do with the calipers. I put everything new on my car except the calipers and now they are back to doing the same thing like yours.

As for the vibrations, I had a 3 bent wheels. Dam pot holes! But after having them replaced it only took some of the shake away. So I also did a rack and pinion, tie rod ends, and shocks all around. And i still havent fixed the shake problem. My next focus is on the ball joints, and if that doesnt work i will do wheel bearings.

Good luck keep me informed if you figure it out first. lol