The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help With Purchasing Wheels

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    buknasty88

Need Help With Purchasing Wheels

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my stock wheels for my 2007 Galant, but before I do that I need some advice:

1. Right now I'm on a tight budget and have decided to buy a set off of ebay. Is the quality of the wheels that are sold on ebay good?

2. I'm stuck on two choices at the moment:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-DZ...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-Ri...Q5fAccessories

Which set would look better on my Galant? (If you haven't see pics of my car, here is a link to them: http://s589.photobucket.com/albums/ss337/buknasty88/)

3. Is there any other information that I should know before I make this purchase?

Dont put 18"s on a 9g...They will look to small...if you cant afford 20's i would just wait....thats just my opinion

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i agree 18 will look too small
    03 I4

buknasty88
    Will I have to roll the fenders if I got 20"s?

While those look good and the price is low, I'd save a little bit more and get something half decent at least. I'd be afraid of them bending easily. If you are on a budget, check out discounttiredirect.com for closeouts or even regular package deals. Even better, go through their ebay store, and join the microsoft cash back program. If you get lucky, couple it with an ebay coupon. Just my .02

buknasty88
    Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    While those look good and the price is low, I'd save a little bit more and get something half decent at least. I'd be afraid of them bending easily. If you are on a budget, check out discounttiredirect.com for closeouts or even regular package deals. Even better, go through their ebay store, and join the microsoft cash back program. If you get lucky, couple it with an ebay coupon. Just my .02
    Any help or advice that I get from anybody here, I appreciate so much. 20"s seem too much for me to afford atm. The first ebay link that I posted, I did some research about the brand of wheels along with the seller and I will NOT be buying those lol. As two people from above mentioned that 18"s would look small on my 9g, so I'm going with 19"s. I found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AMEBOFFX%3AIT. Did some research on the brand and found it to be a good one. Hopefully I can get those ones.

19's are more expensive then 20....19 look nice on galants but the problems with 19's is that not to many shops carry 19's tires in stock....

18's will look fine on your car with a drop.. the Ralliart comes with 18s stock and you might want to try and pick up a set of those (or wheels off the 4g eclipse) since they will be cheap.. i'd also suggest trying to buy a set of used wheels in good condition over buying a cheap set that could bend easily.. craigslist usually has some good deals..

regarding the 18s though, like i said your car will look a lot better with a drop.. if youre on a tight budget though that might change things.. what size are you running right now? you might want to look into getting springs before you get wheels since that might be enough of a change to satisfy you for now.. look for eibach or WORKS (i've got the WORKs springs though they havent been installed yet)

Quote Originally Posted by glantnation View Post
    19's are more expensive then 20....19 look nice on galants but the problems with 19's is that not to many shops carry 19's tires in stock....
    x2

buknasty88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    18's will look fine on your car with a drop.. the Ralliart comes with 18s stock and you might want to try and pick up a set of those (or wheels off the 4g eclipse) since they will be cheap.. i'd also suggest trying to buy a set of used wheels in good condition over buying a cheap set that could bend easily.. craigslist usually has some good deals..

regarding the 18s though, like i said your car will look a lot better with a drop.. if youre on a tight budget though that might change things.. what size are you running right now? you might want to look into getting springs before you get wheels since that might be enough of a change to satisfy you for now.. look for eibach or WORKS (i've got the WORKs springs though they havent been installed yet)
    I have stock tires which are the 16"s. What would springs do for the car?