The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: suggestions on this turbo ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    ^ thats badass... but isnt that dangerous for the turbo on a daily?

my a/c and p/s are already deleted

I wouldnt trust this on my daily but I know some people just put a a screen filter on the turbo to block out the big debris and on rainy days, put a plate on the grill. too hardcore for me. I think Shearer makes a forward facing manifold that puts the turbo back enough to put a filter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    so where are those dyno runs showing your 300+ hp ??
    ^+1
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    I wouldnt trust this on my daily but I know some people just put a a screen filter on the turbo to block out the big debris and on rainy days, put a plate on the grill. too hardcore for me. I think Shearer makes a forward facing manifold that puts the turbo back enough to put a filter on it.
    its hot but ive rather not go through all that headache

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    so where are those dyno runs showing your 300+ hp ??
    that dyno sheet had to be from over a year and then some ago.i dont have it anymore.but after i have my new set up and re tune ill post the results up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    hmm.. did not know that ,i guess i can take the manifold and make a replica of it to make some adjustment in which it can work.then just send the other one back.
    Chances are they havent even started to make your manifold yet. If you called them now and cancelled it, you would probably be OK. I think your gonna spend too much time and money re-doing it. your better off getting a used full race manifold for a DSM and just making one, its A LOT easier than you think to make a mock up and then have someone weld it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^ im sure it is.ive been practicing my welding =)

traffik
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    You know that if your running a non-evo trans its not going to fit right? The runner from cylinder#4 runs right thru where the starter goes....

the only good quality manifold that appears to fit is the full race ram horn manifold for a 2g DSM.
    Just to jump in here for a bit, We here @ B.Y.Performance Make top mount turbo manifolds for those running the evo swaps. Im sure we can fab something for the stock motors. And yes our manifolds are top quality stainless steel.

^have any pics? or maybe a website

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traffik View Post
    Just to jump in here for a bit, We here @ B.Y.Performance Make top mount turbo manifolds for those running the evo swaps. Im sure we can fab something for the stock motors. And yes our manifolds are top quality stainless steel.
    I was referring to regular just buy it manifold, not having a one off manifold made. Making a manifold is time consuming but fairly simple, even easier if you buy a pre-made collector.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

traffik
    ^have any pics? or maybe a website
    My website is under construction but I will try to take some pics and post them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12