The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TINTED WINDOWS?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Faction
    how much is tint? in florida they arent strict on tint, at least thats what i know because some SUV's around jacksonville have tint where you can't see them at ALL

blakstarz73
    I've had tint for years...never had a problem with the cops out here in Jersey....and my tint is DARK!

NightHawkTL
    from what i noticed in Jersey, the farther up north depending on where u are Cops can care less about the tint, other things to worry about, when u come south from where I am (central) or farther south along the shore Cops are worse with the tint, , i work and go to school up north as far as Piscataway/edison/Brunswick,at lights police would stop next to me and not do a thing but where I live I would drive by and a cop would be driving the other way on a highway he would make a u-turn and catch me a mile away for the tint...

GuyWitGalant
    well............its been a week and so far so good!!!(knock on wood!!) i still get paranoid when i see a cop!! hehe but other than that..........the tint on the window looks really nice........ 8)

Quote Originally Posted by delo
    too much crime in ny for cops to be stopping cars just for tints.
    True DAT lol, I don't think NYPD is that strict on the tints. I have seen so many pitch black tints around without a problem.

john mars

tint

mine is 35% front and 20% rears. don't wanna take chances. I want the cops to see my siloutte. inspection here in PA is not universal. some will pass u and some won't.

Potr
    In florida i dont know what the limit is on tint but the po dont really care unless you get an anal one who has nothing better to do but pick on kids... my friend has tint so dark you cant see through it in the middle of the day so... i dont know

I live in cali and have 70% light throughput on my front side windows. Got pulled over by a cock blockin cop after midnight who wasn't even on the same street as me. He ticketed me for tinted windows. Told me that no tint was legal. I knew the law was changed in 99, he didn't want to hear that. Had the paperwork to prove it, and he still didn't want to hear that. He decided to ticket me also for having my plate in my windshield. To make a long story short, my license is suspended now for tinted windows. Going to court in June to get it back. My cousin is a cop and he's gonna sign off on my tickets. I payed 169 to have my windows tinted. Not much, but its the damn principal. I also know that ticketing on lighting, tinting and plates is right out of the "how to harass people that suspectedly street race but haven't been caught" handbook. The reason I say that is cuz my cousin is a seargent and he told me thats what cops do. (my cousin by the way has darker tinted windows than I do). Also I called the police to complain and asked the "what are the tinting laws?", the trafic officer replied "I'm not up on all the laws, sir"....... Police can get you on any damn thing they want to. Make your car nice enough and they'll do whatever they can to harass you. Big reason I'm moving out of town....lol
    Come visit the Revolution: http://www.dsmrevolution.net

Mank
    Llumar Platinum PLus tint. Its totally legal here in Texas. Click on my website for a picture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12