The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Flushing Radiator?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Flushing Radiator?

hey how do i go about flushing the radiator? i know it shouldnt be hard but i've just never done it. what do i need to buy?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Faction
    some good anti-freeze, and a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water! the drain plug is the white plug at the bottom left hand side of the radiator.

CT_GalantV6
    I just did mine about 2 months ago. I was loosing my heat, I changed the thermostate but it didnt fix the problem. What I did was, drained coolant system, then filled with water only. Then drove car for 15 minutes to ensure new water and remaining antifreez mixed. I repeated 3 times to ensure that there was pretty much only water in the coolant system and drained all that I could out of the radiator. I added Preston Super Cleaner and filled the rest with water. Per their instructions, I drove the car for 3 to 6 hours (over 2 days) and repeated the draining process above another 3 times. Then filled coolant system with a nice 50/50 mix. Sure enough that got my heat back. This was on a v6 with about 125k on it. It was a little time consuming, but hey, I love working on my G, so it wasnt a problem.....

D03GTZ
    thats the only way to really flush the system unless you have a machine that you T into the cooling system which actually 'flushes' out all the old coolant and puts new mix in. just draining the radiator is just that- draining the radiator. It might help a little but most of the buildup is elsewhere in the cooling system.