The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What kind of Spings??

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    BlueLiteMo

What kind of Spings??

I have an ES 01 4banger with 17s on it. I want to get some springs to lower it. I dont know what kind is good or what a good price is. Let me know what you guys think I should get thanks.

due to search

this is discussed all over the in this forum
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

BlueLiteMo
    Once i get some springs am i going to need to get a camber kit too or not???

8ggalant

personal decision...sometymes u dont need it...i dont have one on my car...

BlueLiteMo
    ok so what does a camber kit really do then? i am not going to go any lower than 2.0 in the front and 1.8 in the back.

8ggalant

evens out your camber so that u have 0.0 camber...or waht ever % u want...i think its adjustable..neway its basically to save tire wear..too much camber will eat up yer tires

my camber was fine, and I was told that the galants are supposed to have a minor negative camber
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

-=sigh=- i guess i should give my lil talk on camber and camber kits.

first of all. aligments, thats an absolute must. no matter how high or low ur car goes. 4 wheels alignment.

as for camber kits. will u need one? possibly. the lower you drop your car the chances that u'll need one increases. each car reacts differently to a drop so the guy next to you might not need one and the guy next to him might. kinda hard to tell.

what does a camber kit do? it allows the camber on your car to be adjusted or in other cars increase the range the camber can be adjusted.

something to think of when deciding if u need one. well if your camber is off by a little bit then you might decide not to get it. why? well a lil bit negative camber is good. it will help with handling. just make sure to rotate ur tires every once in a while to maximize the life of them. now if ur camber is off by alot, you might want to consider getting one. blah blah blah handling but cost is an issue and tires can be expensive, especially when your negative camber is killing your tires like crazy.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Black Magic
    just dropped my car and when i went to get it aligned the guy said that the car looked fine and that i wouldnt need a camber kit

Andoy

Camber kits?

I spoke directly with Tein Springs and they said with their 1.5 drop S-Tech Springs you don't need a Camber Kit. You will need an alignment and have the front toe adjusted cause it goes out when the car is lowered. Just having the toe adjusted in front will save at least the front tries.
    You can possibly do only the rear camber kit, if you're concerned about camber, cause the rears are supposed to go more negative than the front with a drop. This is accurate as I have been in touch with a lot of people who really know about this stuff ...

I got a drop and didnt need a camber kit, most people with galants dont. I really havent heard of anyone who has gotten one and actually used it.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

I dropped my car with H&R Springs and didn't have a camber issue at all. I did have a slight caster issue on the front, but not enough to be concerned about (2 degrees). The rear was fine. But a 4 wheel alignment is a necessity when dropping your car. No way getting around that.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.