The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting rimgs, good or bad?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Painting rimgs, good or bad?

i was thinking of painting my rims to match my car, is it a good or bad idea?

IllestGalant
    have any pics? what color is your car? I personally wouldn't like it but i have seen some cars pull off black and white rims. It all depends on the car. If your car is red and the rims were red (example) I think it would look bad, maybe accenting with red would be good, like spraying the drums and calipers, maybe a red valve cap with a red center cap or lug nuts? just my $0.02

IllestGalant
    nice lookin g ride I wouldn't paint them but maybe going gunmetal or black if you want to achieve that look?

M2kEclipseRS
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice lookin g ride Â*:D Â*I wouldn't paint them but maybe going gunmetal or black if you want to achieve that look?
    </div>

Ditto on that one

dark rims would be nice on your car. or at least IMO. if its your stockers, then you might want to paint them but there is alot of risk in doing so. if its aftermarket rims and they cost alot, then i personally wouldn't do it. if its aftermarket i'd probably get them powder coated or invest in new rims.

but yea back to the stockers, with painting them there is risk. a risk that you won't like it. a risk that you won't do a good prep job. and o yea, chipping you might have to touch up from time to time. my friend painted his stockers (which he only uses in winter) and it gives him the look of aftermarket wheels all year long.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.