The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Subaru Legacy Got Owned =(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    Damn man, someone must have put some voodoo shyt on you. That sux!
    Mike

Yeah I know lucky both these are not my fault, but I dunno how insurance will view it even though I didn't hit anybody they might be like WTF 2 accidents in a row.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I'll see if I can ask one of the claims people at work tomorrow and see how Progressive views it.
    Mike

That be awesome! since i have progressive. Quick recap

1. Construction truck tail gate flew off hit my subaru
    2. Construction tucks insurance pays for repairs & gives me rental car.
    3. Rental car got reversed into by an SUV at stop sign.
    13 GTR

Thats unfortunate bro. ^Just by reading that you can tell they were not your fault. Good luck.

I just spoke to a Cust Service Supv, it's hard to find claims people here today cause all the hail damage that happened in CO yesterday. He said that since the other guy's insurance is paying for everything, the accident won't affect your policy (rates, etc.). As for the rental car, since the lady was at fault, and as long as her insurance pays for everything (repairs, deductable, etc.) that it also shouldn't affect your rates. He's not a claims rep, so I'll still try and see if I can find one to verify, but like I said, it might be hard to find one today.

Just a quick tip, he said that if the accident is not your fault, never go through your insurance to file a claim, always go through the responsible person's insurance. If you file a claim with your insurance, then it goes on your policy record, and they can or can not decide to raise your rates, even if it's not your fault. Filing a claim through your insurance should always be the last option if you are 100% not at fault.
    Last edited by bglocc; 07-31-2009 at 01:16 PM
    Mike

Hey i appreciate the information! Take your time, thanks again im heading out to enterprise to give them the report & etc. Thanks again!
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    That be awesome! since i have progressive. Quick recap

1. Construction truck tail gate flew off hit my subaru
    2. Construction tucks insurance pays for repairs & gives me rental car.
    3. Rental car got reversed into by an SUV at stop sign.
    thats some straight bull..I'm sorry to hear dude.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

The icing on the cake is, i just got 7 ddm hids kits for my friends/family delivered today. I went into the garage to put everything away, and i notice my gas tank lid looks crooked so i check it out the click broke wtf?. Now i need to order a new gas lid & pay to get it painted....Seriously case on FML right now lol
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by bglocc View Post
    I just spoke to a Cust Service Supv, it's hard to find claims people here today cause all the hail damage that happened in CO yesterday. He said that since the other guy's insurance is paying for everything, the accident won't affect your policy (rates, etc.). As for the rental car, since the lady was at fault, and as long as her insurance pays for everything (repairs, deductable, etc.) that it also shouldn't affect your rates. He's not a claims rep, so I'll still try and see if I can find one to verify, but like I said, it might be hard to find one today.

Just a quick tip, he said that if the accident is not your fault, never go through your insurance to file a claim, always go through the responsible person's insurance. If you file a claim with your insurance, then it goes on your policy record, and they can or can not decide to raise your rates, even if it's not your fault. Filing a claim through your insurance should always be the last option if you are 100% not at fault.
    Thats what i wanted to do, but enterprise said they will go to my insurance to get the money, then my insurance has to go to hers for their money. I just dont understand why enterprise cant just go to hers, lesson learned buy that stupid $15 day wavier & No more rentals unless really needed.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    7ddm kits? share the love!

I just spoke to a claims adjuster, she said that you did the right thing by filling a claim with Progressive (even though you weren't at fault) because if the other insurance started giving you shyt about fixing your car, and you try to file a claim a couple of weeks after the accident, then you might have been screwed. That claim will not raise your rates, since the other driver is at fault, they would go after his/her insurance to pay the damages, nothing would come out of Progressive's pocket.

The rental car is basically the same.

She said that there are a couple of factors that could determine if your rates go up:

1. If the other insurance wont reimburse them for any damages that Progressive pays.
    2. If the other persons insurance refuses to pay the damage.
    3. How many other accidents you have or had recently that you were responsible for.

Those are just 3 to name a that you could control. Other stuff like how many accidents are in your area, economy, and other shyt could raise your rates (and everybody's rates in your area), but thats basically out of your control. Since neither accident was your fault, and the other insurance covers everything, then you should not have any problems even though that accidents weren't that far apart. Hope that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.
    Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123