The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heater not working??

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    blackphantom

Heater not working??

Since i've bought my car in March of 08 i've had this problem with my heater and a/c. Here's the deal. Every time i switch back and forth from hot to cold there is this rattle. Never really bothered me much until this summer when i went to switch it to cold and the rattling happened which hasn't bothered me. Ever since then i tried to switch back to the hot just for the cold mornings that we have here in WI during the summer and there's no hot air blowing. Just cold air from outside. My rear defroster still works but when i try to unfog my front it just gets foggier. Meaning that there is no hot air blowing. Has anyone had this problem with their climate controls???

Very common problem with 8G, I believe you will want to replace the heater control motor. If you search you should find the correct name and more information.

Mine has not worked right for a couple of years but with enough turns and hitting the dash, it seems to work just in time for winter. Not sure if the dash hitting helps but it helps my anger levels.
    Respect the woman’s car, and she’ll respect you.

Here's a link to the thread with all the information you need -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ntrol+actuator