The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blown front AGX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    rumpl_forskin

Blown front AGX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only had these things on since February!!!!!!!!!!! Started hearing noise yesterday. Went to check them this morning, and noticed oil all over the right front strut. Popped the hood and the adjustment dial was blown out with oil everywhere. So PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, no warranty because of mod to fit OBX Coilovers............ Not a happy camper :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That sucks. But, even if you didn't modify them to fit the OBX coilovers, the warraty on them was voided as soon as you installed them. The reason being because the warranty is only good for the Eclipse since that is the car they are actually made for.

Have you hit any big pot holes lately? What does the ride feel like with them blown? I'm beginning to think that some coilovers, OBX and Arospeed, are too harsh for the KYB's.

rumpl_forskin
    Haven't hit any big holes..... Very cautious of them. As for the ride..... imagine your struts with no resistance, just free travel...... not pleasant. Every bump feels like the bottom of the car just hit the ground. :evil: :evil:

:twisted: did you cut that big washer thing where the shaft and the housing meets and thats why I dont like coilovers sorry to hear that bro

sj420
    quick question.

What setting did you have your front struts at? Also, how would you rate your driving harshness on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the harshest, whether through your own driving habits or road conditions)?

thanks

Re: Blown front AGX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rumpl_forskin
    I have only had these things on since February!!!!!!!!!!! Started hearing noise yesterday. Went to check them this morning, and noticed oil all over the right front strut. Popped the hood and the adjustment dial was blown out with oil everywhere. So PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course, no warranty because of mod to fit OBX Coilovers............ Not a happy camper :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Hey Rumpl mine kinda feel the same way....but not blown (yet) but the ride with the OBX too low will scare you....I'm looking for springs as we speak....