The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do I need to get an alignment after I install coilovers?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Do I need to get an alignment after I install coilovers?

i am installing my d2 coilovers on saturday and am wondering if i will need an alignment right after i get them put on or if i even need one at all

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    yeap

100% yes.

you will need to correct your toe for sure if you lower it. and to get your camber into spec you'll absolutely have to get an alignment.

Anyone who posts after me and says they didn't need one, only thinks they didn't need one and i'm 100% sure that no matter what they think their handling and performance was severely compromised.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok thank you, do i need to get it done right away before i drive it or can i wait a couple of days?

i would get it done right away, less chance of messing up tires

do you think it would be ok if i were to get it done sometime in the week of the 26th-30th after i get em put on on the 24th?

blue8g
    as soon as possible but i don't anything terrible will happen as long as you're not driving too outrageous, or too far of distances

i would not wait, the risk is not worth it. set your ride height at where you want it and go get a 4 wheel alignment before you drive it around (drive it straight to the alignment rack). also you may need camber kits depending on how low you drop the car (the lower, the more possibility of needing the additional correction range the kits provide). the techs that installed my coilovers used the same multipurpose rack to install my coilovers and camber kits, then set the ride height and aligned on the same rack, so my car never moved from start to finish.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    anytime you alter your suspension it is best to get an alignment

I seen an 2005 lancer comming off the highway on a loop-style exit take a flip off into a patch of grass, i pulled over into the grass ( i was driving my mom truck) and i called one of my tow trucks and began to speak with them young kid.

me- dude, what happened? you took that exit at nearly 110 km..

lancerkid- well I just got new coilovers on, should they be able to handle it?

me- dude, hows your alignment? you got stock (worn) tires and wheels?

i walked away...

Needless to say your 4 wheel alignment is very important when it comes to suspension because no only do your tires get work unevenly to shit... but it could cause alot more harm than expected....

thanks for all the input