The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clutch Replacement Gone Wrong :(

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Clutch Replacement Gone Wrong :(

So I purchased an exedy stage2 PP and Ceramic clutch for the 7g. Since I was having trouble slipping before. After I got the old autozone setup out, I noticed the springs on my previous disc were pretty loose but the surface still had some meat to it.

My ACT Streetlight Flywheel Looked good without any heat marks grooves or uneven wear.

Now when I bolted up the exedy kit to my ACT flywheel I noticed I needed new bolts because my previous bolts were not long enough to attach my Beefier Pressure Plate to the flywheel. After A trip To Slowboy for longer bolts, I got It in and bolted up the transmission. However when I started the car I got a horrible grinding noise. After further inspection I noticed the Pressure plate was rubbing the inside of my Bellhousing :(.

I haven't took everything back down yet but what do you guys suggest for a fix... I'am thinking that the act/exedy combo is the problem. I looked at an upgraded exedy flywheel and noticed that its different any ideas?

Exedy Notice the bolt holes are flat...

Act Streetlite Notice how the edge is higher where the Pressure Plate would attach.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

That exedy flywheel doest look like dsm flywheel at all, and it may be a reference picture only. All flywheels that ive seen, mine included, look like the ACT flywheel.

I dont see why they would make a thicker pressure plate, of course it will rub. It shouldnt be thicker.

I guess they make slimmer flywheel. After some researching i found this Exedy flywheel and yes it is flat. It is very weird, Ive never seen a flywheel like that.

http://www.customcarscentral.com/exd...e--95-99-.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...RCHQ3aUSQ3a102

Anyway, you know that clutch is equal to ACT2600 and it will be pretty tough for daily driving.

When I did my swap I talked to Seth and he told me he was running a 20psi with Exedy OEM replacement for $80. So i got it and I havent had any problems since. Just a heads up for something cheap
    Last edited by mko; 11-01-2009 at 12:01 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have never seen a DSM flywheel look like #1. They all should look like #2.
    7g for life!

Hmm ok...Well the good thing is that the company is willing to take it back so I will be sending it back in and looking into something else... My original was a Valeo, so Iam not sure if it is an exedy but will look into my warrenty and seee if I can get an upgrade...

Thanks for the help mko, seth... I Got a good buyer thread coming your way mko...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---