The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Msd ignition

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    shadowzzr

Msd ignition

Hey guys i was thinking about doing the msd 6A ignition on my gtz with the blaster 2 . Do you guys think this is a good set up to go with or not on the 6g72 an for any person that have done this what power gain will you get out of do this set up an can it be done

Experienced TGC Member
    Unless you are boosted, or hitting WHP levels in excess of 400+ Then it's a good waste of money right now

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Just like what SPD_FRK said, your not going to gain anything from that, its only if your boosting and hitting up some HP that need that stronger spark.

shadowzzr
    ok thanks guys but tell me this what about the jet chip for the ecu will i see an gain with that at all cause right now far as mods i have on pre cats an no cat CAI an a 5 speed an 6g74 intake upgrade an i think the next step will be supercharger u dig iam trying to get my car in the 13's in a 1/4 u dig

Experienced TGC Member
    As far as I know there is no chip/tuner out for this platform. The only thing you are going to benefit from is a piggyback ECU controller or full stand alone.

If you are boosting the engine, then expect to spend some money and time on rebuilding the engine and ditching the stock pistons first...and at tis point you are already committed to a Greddy Emanage or AEM system for engine management...nothing else will keep that engine running

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net