The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: horrific missing after egr service.

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    briggs

horrific missing after egr service.

I recently pulled my manifold to clean up the EGR, install AIC and lower O2 sensor and replaced a cracked injector. Each of the individual components work, but the car is missing something bad. I think I have a vacuum leak somewhere, I think I hear it. I replaced the manifold gasket but didn't have an EGR and throttle body gasket on hand. It sounds almost like I'm running on two cylinders. I'm about to do a second spark test. I'm pretty confident the injectors are working and I have new plugs. Any ideas will be appreciated.

coils plugged in all the way? IAC adjusted correctly? there is a few millimeters of play on the IAC sensor. That is on purpose for you to manually adjust it so that it idles perfectly. Are you throwing any codes?

briggs
    I don't think it's an idle problem, it sounds like I'm missing on two cylinders. Initially I tested the injectors and the spark. I went ahead and replaced the plugs in case any were fouled. I'm going to retest the spark on the plugs. I've also got a egr valve gasket so I'm gonna put that in and see what happens.

are the plugs gapped correctly? did you plug the coil packs back in? Is the maf connected?

I had a similar problem after doing a head gasket and changing coil packs it was misfieing or skipping on 1 cylinder I later noticed somehow I broke a plug wire check the wires and coil packs grab some from a local yard and see if it changes.

Remove and install and EGR gasket and throttle body gasket.

briggs
    I've installed a new manifold and tb gasket, same for egr. I have to double check the torque on the bolts. Also installed a new distributer cap and rotor. Same crap ... I didn't have the MFI installed though I'm tired and my brain is messing up. I'll attack this again tomorrow in a methodical manner.

briggs
    Ok, I've double checked everything and come to the conclusion that my #4 cylinder isn't firing. I've removed all the plugs checked them and they are sparking. Checked the injectors and they also are ticking.

While running if I remove the #4 plug there is no change in the engine sound. When I pull the plug it looks fouled it's wet and black. I've pulled all the plugs to let the cylinders dry out. Any help would be appreciated.

reset the ecu
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

briggs
    is this a simple remove the battery terminal thing ? os is there a procedure ?