The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo 9 ecu

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

evo 9 ecu

i have a 4g64 and im wondering can i put a evo 9 ecu in it?if i can what else would i need

Experienced TGC Member

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    its only evo8 as i recall..... as evo 9 has mivec

ok so my question is can you put a evo 9 in our car, and make it work? i know its alot of rewiring but is it possible with in reason? Would it make sense to put an evo 9 motor and then have a stand alone engine managment sytem that you could run the mivec wiring off of? i guess the main question i have is how much extra wiring does the mivec motor have compared to the evo 8 and what is the benifit besides better economy.....

There is no reason to put a Evo 9 ECU in the car. The MIVEC motor uses a different wire harness and will have no use in a non-MIVEC 4G64 powered Galant. If you were going to use a 4B1 motor, this would be practical. The only use for an Evo ECU in a Galant would be an accompaniement to a head swap out of a Sonata, Optima, or Evo 8. I don't believe that you would see an increase in performance from the this idea.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    ok so my question is can you put a evo 9 in our car, and make it work? i know its alot of rewiring but is it possible with in reason? Would it make sense to put an evo 9 motor and then have a stand alone engine managment sytem that you could run the mivec wiring off of? i guess the main question i have is how much extra wiring does the mivec motor have compared to the evo 8 and what is the benifit besides better economy.....
    I had the same question going for myself and Im not sure at all untill its done, but I know someone that might be able to get around it, well he says he can. So far he knows alot about building a motor and wiring to a car...I would talk to a guy named Treffik on this forum. Hes the one that built Spicys motor and did the Evo swap, he dosnt come on here alot due to work cuz hes vary bussy but I do have his number or look him up on this forum and you can find his post on BY Performance which is his shop.

I had the same question going for myself seeing if its possible to use the Evo 9 ECU on out cars even if it has the MIVAC system on it, even if it does require alot of re-wiring I wouldnt mind trying to see if it could work, so Im ganna be the Ginny pig here and have Treffik do it on my car since he said he can do it. We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I had the same question going for myself and Im not sure at all untill its done, but I know someone that might be able to get around it, well he says he can. So far he knows alot about building a motor and wiring to a car...I would talk to a guy named Treffik on this forum. Hes the one that built Spicys motor and did the Evo swap, he dosnt come on here alot due to work cuz hes vary bussy but I do have his number or look him up on this forum and you can find his post on BY Performance which is his shop.

I had the same question going for myself seeing if its possible to use the Evo 9 ECU on out cars even if it has the MIVAC system on it, even if it does require alot of re-wiring I wouldnt mind trying to see if it could work, so Im ganna be the Ginny pig here and have Treffik do it on my car since he said he can do it. We shall see
    well thats my thing too lol, i don't care about rewire, heck i do it almost everyday lol, but i mean a evo 9 ecu with an evo 9 head on our short block? to me i think that would be sexy... but idk really know for sure if the evo 9 head works, and if it doesn't is the mivec the only reason why not? if so, import tuner has our short block with the evo 9 head.... but its for the evo 9 not the galant lol... idk

well thats my thing too lol, i don't care about rewire, heck i do it almost everyday lol, but i mean a evo 9 ecu with an evo 9 head on our short block? to me i think that would be sexy... but idk really know for sure if the evo 9 head works, and if it doesn't is the mivec the only reason why not? if so, import tuner has our short block with the evo 9 head.... but its for the evo 9 not the galant lol... idk
    Trust me I hear you man, but like I said I hear from many people on this forum that only use the Evo 8 and not the 9. But this guy Treffik from B.Y Performance is for sure that it does work and he even said he would prove people wrong so....I said ok you know what lets give it a try. You always gatta try something in order to find out, if not than who will ever know if it does work or not. Alot of people say no but have they tried it and really give proven facts that the Evo9 dosnt work, so here I am right beside Treffik and see if hes right. The guy seems to know alot about the Mitsubishi motors and what would work and not work. Motor is almost done and the only thing I have to do is find a good 2 to 3 weeks of my time to put my car in with Treffiks shop.

If you want to talk to him I can give you his number? let me know

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

well i guess i'll have to do some major homework.... wiring diagrams and what not.... i'm pretty sure it should be able to work.... but that project is for this winter ha ha, got to many right now need to narrow it down ya know? Not enough funding capabilities lol... as far as getting a hold of Treffiks shop, does he have an email? easier than phone calls for me.. thanks

Email: [email protected]

His name is Treffik, trust me...ask him anything and he will take the time to talk and explain. Good luck man

im pretty sure the evo 9 ecu will work no one said that it will not but it will take more tuning to work right because its different.. Im sure u can wire it up and run the car but no one wanted to run the risk because of the extra connections. I dont think they even have a way to remove the error codes ur gonna get when u do it.. I can pretty much guarantee you the car will run and that ull have a bunch of extra error codes.. Its basically the same ecu but extra connections.. We dont use it because evo 8 ecus are more available than 9s althought that maybe changing.. Also the 8 ecu is the closest to our cars as u can get..

also why wouldnt u be able to put a ix motor in the car?? use the evo ix harness and ecu
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 01-26-2010 at 11:05 PM
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    im pretty sure the evo 9 ecu will work no one said that it will not but it will take more tuning to work right because its different.. Im sure u can wire it up and run the car but no one wanted to run the risk because of the extra connections. I dont think they even have a way to remove the error codes ur gonna get when u do it.. I can pretty much guarantee you the car will run and that ull have a bunch of extra error codes.. Its basically the same ecu but extra connections.. We dont use it because evo 8 ecus are more available than 9s althought that maybe changing.. Also the 8 ecu is the closest to our cars as u can get..

also why wouldnt u be able to put a ix motor in the car?? use the evo ix harness and ecu
    AHHAHAAA I really hope not man, deff would not like all the extra error codes, well I emailed the guy thats going to help me out on this about the error codes and Imma see what he says, if the Evo 9 ECU is really going to give me that much trouble than I might as well give it up, and go with the stock ECU. How much can the stock Evo ECU hold in HP? I believe I have to get it flashed correct?

ecus dont hold horsepower

....ok well let me try this again and re-word it. Am I able to push past 350 or 380 HP on a stock Evo8 ECU?

ok if you put a evo 8 ecu in a 4g64 what is the benifits to that... and is it a direct plug and play?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    ok if you put a evo 8 ecu in a 4g64 what is the benifits to that... and is it a direct plug and play?
    Its not a direct "plug and play" setup, it will require a great deal of wiring to run the Evo ECU alone and not tapped into the Galant ECU (which not sure why anybody would piggyback onto the Galant ECU anyways).

The Evo ECU is flashable, and will monitor knock unlike the Galant or Eclipse ECU. You have much better tuning potential with a flashable ECU (specifically the EVO ecu for the 4cyl folks here).

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

the evo ecu has been tuned to do up to 500+ hp cars so i dont think you will have a hp issue..

The benefits are you get a standalone computer for 1/10th the price of a full standalone. you can run your car with boost like it came that way..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Email: [email protected]

His name is Treffik, trust me...ask him anything and he will take the time to talk and explain. Good luck man
    thanks for the email, when i come up with some info i'll shoot you and him a email.... or something lol so we could get this figured out....

thanks for the email, when i come up with some info i'll shoot you and him a email.... or something lol so we could get this figured out....
    Well I talked to him today.lol and he said that with the stock ECU from an Evo 9 yes you will have a problem, but if your using the AEM EMS from an Evo 9 it will be fine.

Yeah dude if you really need some good info deff go to him, and if you ever need anything just ask.