The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: finally good news Smog passed flying colors

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    briggs

finally good news Smog passed flying colors

I've been fighting with my car for a month now. After flow testing salvaged injectors, cleaning out EGR, Throttle Body, Manifold, Installing a new O2 sensor, fixing my IAC (it can be serviced) with salvaged gears, new distributer cap, rotor, plugs, and a new fuel filter. And a whole lot of stress I brought her in for a retest and she passed with flying colors.

CO2=15.2, O2=0.0, HC=7 (AVE=13), CO=0.00 (AVE=0.05), NO=22 (AVE=136).

now check my values a month ago.

CO2=15, O2=0.1, HC=52 (MAX=53), CO=0.35 (MAX=0.50), NO=1278 (MAX=738).

Not to mention running and idling great. I had a link to a web page that allowed you to put in the values from a 5gas analyzer and it would tell you if yoru running lean or rich. I can't find it for the hell of me.

yup, fuking california high emission controls
    i fail on NO too
    still not fix
    and how did you clean your egr?
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

briggs
    well, removed it, then made sure it could hold a vacuum, (get a fancy tool or suck on it) if it actuates and the rubber seal is good it can be fixed. I used some chem clean from autozone, then suspended the EGR in the solution so onlu the part connected to the manifold (not the rubber valve) is hanging in the fluid. Left it over night then cleaned it thoroughly. Made sure it functioned properly then installed with a new gasket.