The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Horrible Paint Cancer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    If we were to set up a petition, we would have to prove to Mitsubishi that we took the correct care of our vehicles. Like Dominicano said he waxed his car professionally for 6 years and had no problem. Once he stopped the paint started to decay. Mitsubishi can easily fire back saying the paint decay/wearing down, is due to neglect. In the owners manual im sure that it states to regularly clean the exterior of your car. Dominicano had his paint last for 6 years, he lives in texas and im pretty damn sure that its almost always sunny and HOTT. Black cars attract the sun as you all know. Keep your cars covered as best you can and clean them on a regular basis. Yes the paint may be shitty, but im sure that all of us arn't constantly making sure that the G is clean. But, starting a petition is worth a try. I will contact the necessary people in order to set this up, post the requirments, and information you will be needing to give and hopefully Mitsubishi will recall this paint mishap and save my car from getting cancer

~Gabe

PM me with questions or concerns thanks guys
    my bad I should of mentioned that i lived in new york for those 6 years I only been in TX 10 months but the cancer started in NYC.

And I doubt we would ever win they are so many variables that the lawyers would disproved us on.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    I have one right in the same spot almost identical.

JAC00BLKES
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    yep mine was like that it didn't start there it started on the trunk

but if it does the same thing mine and every other blk 8g does

it will go further down the hood, mine did it in patches of course making it look worse

then the edges of the roof(mine got so bad it started to rust.....they sanded down as much as they could.....but they would not cover it in the warranty of the new job)

it was so funny how the sides are the car were never impacted.....
    i would only like to drive at night or in the rain because you couldn't tell as much lol

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    Just wait, it will consume your whole hood soon! I wish i took a pic of it right before paint, it was awful.

oh for a second I thought my car had but I guess it's just a stain. (need to get it waxed)

JAC00BLKES
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE View Post
    oh for a second I thought my car had but I guess it's just a stain. (need to get it waxed)
    you better make sure its a stain
    its better to get it fixed before it spreads

By looking at showtime's car before he got it painted,I'm pretty sure now...my is nothing like that at all.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    if you want another test besides just looking at it, go feel it. Mine was very rough and felt like sand paper.

yeah mine is smooth. Mine it's more like a stain, like when water soapy water dries up and stays there until you wax it. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure now it's just hard water.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE View Post
    yeah mine is smooth. Mine it's more like a stain, like when water soapy water dries up and stays there until you wax it. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure now it's just hard water.
    Stains like that is what kills the paint it gets into the clearcoat and start damanging the clear then it spreads cause now there is an opening for other contaniments to get into and poof you got paint cancer

I4betterthanUR4
    Lol your hood isnt anything compared to mine but like the other guy said, do something before it spreads. I take some pics of my roof when I get a chance and youll see why I said by the end of the summer I'll have a white car with silver splotches instead of it being silver like its supposed to. To the guy who stated the problems with petitioning you are absolutely correct and it would mostly be a waste of time. Funny how I neglected the hell out of my honda and this never happened. The galant I just got not too long ago so I dont know how it was taken care of but when I bought it I couldnt even notice the cancer (infact I didnt). Its now mostly on my roof, lots on my trunk, and lots on the upper area of my doors right underneath the windows. I guess this will be a good excuse to buy cf trunk and hood and get a bad ass paint job. I'm thinking a charcoal grey with a slight metallic flake. mmmmm sexy. Whats your guys favorite color on a g?

Oh yeah, wanted to ask if anything else happens besides my paint going from silver to white due to the cancer, like, since theres not as much protection will the metal oxidize and rust to shit or what? How long do I have before I really have to treat this problem?
    Last edited by I4betterthanUR4; 04-03-2009 at 07:22 PM

JAC00BLKES
    Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Lol your hood isnt anything compared to mine but like the other guy said, do something before it spreads. I take some pics of my roof when I get a chance and youll see why I said by the end of the summer I'll have a white car with silver splotches instead of it being silver like its supposed to. To the guy who stated the problems with petitioning you are absolutely correct and it would mostly be a waste of time. Funny how I neglected the hell out of my honda and this never happened. The galant I just got not too long ago so I dont know how it was taken care of but when I bought it I couldnt even notice the cancer (infact I didnt). Its now mostly on my roof, lots on my trunk, and lots on the upper area of my doors right underneath the windows. I guess this will be a good excuse to buy cf trunk and hood and get a bad ass paint job. I'm thinking a charcoal grey with a slight metallic flake. mmmmm sexy. Whats your guys favorite color on a g?

Oh yeah, wanted to ask if anything else happens besides my paint going from silver to white due to the cancer, like, since theres not as much protection will the metal oxidize and rust to shit or what? How long do I have before I really have to treat this problem?
    well i am not sure how long you have before its rust.....but it will rust
    time is the biggest enemy

make sure where ever you get the job done they do it right and actually sand down the entire car not just paint over the cancer

I'm gunna wake this one up. About 3 years ago my Kalapana Black was starting to cancer out on the hood, roof and trunk. I needed some other work so I talked the dealer into repainting those 3 surfaces.

All was good until this last summer when the tops of the quater panlels and doors started cancering out.

Damn, I didn't think about trying to get the whole car painted back then. The "top" surfaces where the only ones showing cancer. So I guess I've got to figure out what it's gunna take to get the doors and quarters painted.

Maaco? Body shop?

Class Action Suit info here. Mitsubishi offered a settlement - Judge needs to OK it.
    Don't expect too much as to Cash Option or RePaint Offer, but here it is:
    www.mitsubishiblackpaintsettlement.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by 03_Black_V6; 02-15-2010 at 12:49 PM

just had mine re painted but my roof was the worst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12