The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Master Gasket Kit

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Master Gasket Kit

Alright, I got a master gasket kit for the Mitsu and I recognize all of the parts except for a few. It came with head, exhaust, and intake manifold gaskets, valve stem seals, spark plug tube seals, and then three other pieces. I was just wondering what the other three pieces were. Two of the pieces were blue o-rings with a ~1.5" - 2" diamater and the other was a brown piece with a flange that looked kinda like the spark plug tube seals, but not quite. I'll take a picture of said pieces when I get back tot he house. I got a machine shop that said they'd pressure test, deck the heads, do a valve job, install the new steam seals, camshaft seal, and whatever else for ~$250. I wanna be able to make sure I have the camshaft seal and what not before I bring it to him with the steam seals and camshaft seal.

these might be the cam seal, and oil pump o-rings, but take a pic...lets see them
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

When I get home I'll post some pictures up. The machine shop said if I bring them the stem seals, and the cam seal they'll replace those when they reassemble the valve train.

yes theyll need the seals when putting it together. Ask them to put some sealant on the camshaft seal bed. its a common leakage spot

EDIT: i remembered now, these are the water pump o-ring and thermostat o-ring
    Last edited by mko; 02-12-2010 at 12:27 PM

Build Thread

Water pump o-ring and t-stat o-ring? I think my new water pump came with the water pump gasket and o-ring. I'm not too sure. I'll just post a picture up when I get home from work and school tonight just for the verification.

Okay, here's the picture of the two o rings and the brown piece.

Bump. Need those 3 things above me identified.

the middle one looks like a camshaft seal, but who knows. the blue ones are too thin to be water pump seals. someone whos dealt with master gasket kits to pitch in

Build Thread

Yea, I have the water pump seals because they came with the water pump including the gasket and seals. But I'm at a loss as to what the blue o-rings are for.

Experienced TGC Member
    SOMETIMES they send stuff for different cars. IE* the mighty max has a 2.4 SOHC motor and it may have something different than the galant. I know when i got my master kit (non oem) it came with crush washers for the turbo inlets and shit. However that brown seal looks like its either the oil pump seal or the cam seal to me and the blue ones look like the water pipe from the water pump. There arent anymore seals that look like that on the 7g other than the distributor O-ring but im sure its bigger than those.

I guess I'll just figure it out when I get to it. I have all of the parts I need to put the car back together so I'm not really worried about the extra crap.

i'M GOING TO GUESS THAT THOSE BLUE ONES ARE PROB FOR THE WATER TUBE the middle is def. the cam seal