The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Misfiring, crappy gas mileage?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Misfiring, crappy gas mileage?

Lately my car has been slightly misfiring also noticed my fuel economy has gone down to crap.

need help!

briggs
    You gotta go through the line..

1.) check each plug make sure it's firing. (usually I let the car run then systematically pull one plug at a time to see if the idle gets worse or stays the same on the plug where it stays the same you know thats the cylinder thats missing.)

2.) Check the plug sleeves, once I had a seal go bad on one and it leaked oil around the plug and caused the car to miss horribly.

3.) check your injectors (simplest way place a screw driver on each while the car is idling then put your ear to the handle. You should hear the injectors clicking), quick note even though it clicks doesn't mean it works.

4.) lastly check all your vacume hoses.

could questions is it only missing at idle or does it miss through the whole throttle range, when did the problem start how many miles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    Lately my car has been slightly misfiring also noticed my fuel economy has gone down to crap.

need help!
    if its only slighty, like on or off & gettin bad gas, check wires & plugs..,clean the maf, egr, tb, air filter, get a tune up. check your codes too. if your engine light blinking, you got a bad misfire and will burn the cat.

Always looking to make my life better, and then my car!

check your mass air flow sensor, check your 02 sensor, check your plugs and wires.

Distributor and wires are 6 months old, plugs maybe like 2 months old.

Car runs fine in the mornings and drives well without problem. The problem starts happening after i stop somewhere then i turn the car on again to go to my next destination.

It starts to bog and misfire.