The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: transmission beef up

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    mitsu4G64

transmission beef up

whats up ppl well when that one guy said that he got the transmission swap was tryin to strech every lead possible to gettin this done but it turns out that it could cost more than gettin a supercharger ..what i wanna know is when you beef up the automatic what size is the stock torque conveter on the inline 4..whats the name or model number of our transmission and where can i find a bigger better torque converter from and how much would it run to order one....also has anyone done this change with a bigger better torque converter thanks

leadfoot
    level 10 make a performance torque converter and it does fit out galants i personaly havent got one yet but i will i know for sure that people on this board have them installed but i dont know the specifics about there apps and such.

mitsu4G64
    you say that level 10 makes them?? is level 10 the company name or do you have some kind of link that i could go to in order to find out what i can order

i heard level 10 wasnt all that great i was at my friends dads shop looking through catalogs and B&M one of the best makes a performance TQ for our trannys i'm gonna look into swapping mine for one of those
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whips_n_chains408
    i heard level 10 wasnt all that great i was at my friends dads shop looking through catalogs and B&M one of the best makes a performance TQ for our trannys i'm gonna look into swapping mine for one of those
    I agree w/ you on that one Whips! You actually beat me to the post c'uz I saw it last Sat. on Super2NRTV.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastNFabolous
    I agree w/ you on that one Whips! You actually beat me to the post c'uz I saw it last Sat. on Super2NRTV.
    hahah, you saw the episode 2.. wish i knew about it before i spent all the money on mine, then ended up tear that shit up.. damn BS tranny.. o well i got 5spd's now..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

yah that show is pretty tyte sept for the hosts lol

leadfoot
    B&M you say im going to go with that ive heard some rather bad things regarding level 10, i though since they were the only company making performance trany parts i was going to forced into getting it but im going with B&M

yah b&m has been around for a long time and i thought they only did apps for domestics but now that they have one for our cars im deffinatly gonna go with that

yah b&m has been around for a long time and i thought they only did apps for domestics but now that they have one for our cars im deffinatly gonna go with that
    I was in the same boat when it came to tranny work.. at the time L10 was the only place around doing import tranny work, B&M was still doing build domestic until they moved on to imports just a few years ago..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

what type of clutch r you gonna run cuz i know your gonna put down some mad power? one of my boys has a stage 4 racing clutch in his type r he said its unbelivable

leadfoot
    how much is it for the torque converter from B&M the level 10 is 499 but how much is the B&M? do they make other mod's for our trannys as well?

i believe i was quoted 325-350 and they also make a shift kit for 250 im not sure what else they make for our cars

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whips_n_chains408)</div><div class='quotemain'>what type of clutch r you gonna run cuz i know your gonna put down some mad power? one of my boys has a stage 4 racing clutch in his type r he said its unbelivable</div>

Im using an ACT 2100lbs cluth, Findaza lightened flywheel, and B&M shortshifter....THe power im getting from tne 5spd is just sick.. Im going to do a quaife LSD, and see if i can get the gear ratio's shortened even more than they are now..

bam462
    hey headacke can you post links to where you got your 5 speed from and torque converter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey headacke can you post links to where you got your 5 speed from and torque converter</div>

The tranny i got from a local shop out by the Bithlo Raceway in Orlando.. The torque converter in my old AT, i got from www.levelten.com

leadfoot
    the only thing that i can find on the site for an eclipse is a gear shifter