The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Leaking oil

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Leaking oil

well recently my car ran hot, im guessing its the water pump cause the water in the radiator is moving into the hoses therefore not to the rest of the engine. I change the themo so it not that. but i have serveral drops to a little pool oily water under the front of the car. So my question is where it coming from and will the new water pump (and i bought new belts and tensioners while i was at it.) fix this? please dont tell me its sum major like a cracked block, dont might spelled the of my galant era lol

for history: as i added more coolant slight steam started to rise, the top hose got really hot, the bottom hose was cool, and the was little or no water the thermo housin. i expected coolant to go everywhere wen i un bolted the hose but it was dry as hell

fernando.caballero
    i fixed my 06 galant. first i took the thermo out and ran it and still no water went thru the block. Then lifted the car and found that it was water leeking from the water pump (the bottom portion) i went ahead and replace it and after that it is fine. as far as the oil water leaky thing i cant tell you but i do remember that the water that it had ( from the dealership) it was oily. but not black just dirty from the chasis running down to the floor. try a clean white cloth and try to put it on the place where is drops and she what color it is. good luck

Leaky water pump is a sign of it going. It also could be HG, but most likely its the water pump
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I had the same problem few months ago, water pump starting to go out. Fix it before it gets really bad.

So how do i rule out the head gasket?

You cant. It could be a partial tear that the compression test wouldnt detect.

The best way is to start small and hope you fix it. Replace water pump and hope it stops
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    where is the water coming from exactly? is it coming from the timing belt area?

dont really know, its at my moms. i do know that wen i pulled off the of, it was a big puddle, like the car took a piss. i noticed it the next day

Experienced TGC Member
    by all means there shouldnt be oil in the water.

must be the head gasket, damn

pressure test the cooling system and look
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

ok will do