The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tein Super Street coil overs???

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Bad Galant

Tein Super Street coil overs???

Any news on when the Tein Super Street Damper Coil Over Kit is going to be released??? All I've heard was in the fall. For some reason they took the 99 and up Galant off the list of cars and suspension? :?

There is no telling for sure. I'd say October or later. I might just get the Tein Basic Dampers instead. You can't adjust the dampining, but I don't adjust the KYB AGX and Koni inserts that I have now, so why bother with new ones that I won't adjust either?

Bad Galant
    What does the Basic Tein Suspension come with? My friend has Tein Coil overs on his Lexus and he has a box that that basically stiffins and softens the ride at the touch of a couple buttons. Is the Tein Super Street Damper kit going to come with that and how about the Basic Kit that your talking about???

The Tein Basic Dampers are real coilovers, shocks and all, but you can't adjust the dampining of the shocks.

The Tein Super Street Dampers are exactly like the Basic Dampers except you can adjust the dampining of the shocks.

The box that your friend has is the EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller). I'm guessing the EDFC will be usable with the Super Street Dampers (if they ever come out), but it depends on whether the EDFC will fit in a Galant. The EDFC boxes install on top of the shocks where the damper adjustment is. On the Galant there is plenty of room for the rear shocks, but not for the front. Up front you have to worry about the hood hitting the box. Maybe it will fit, but I don't know.

Check out www.tein.com for all the info.

TGC Regular
    the edfc does not fit the galant. theres no room under the hood, unless you cut a hole for it to fit, and have a cover over it. (like the 3000gt)
    Your signature is too long.