The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hood shocks

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Icon6 Hood shocks

Hi guys it's me again. I've got these shocks for a hood, they have been sitting in my garage for the longest and I wanted to know if any of you guys have ever tried to put some on our 8g's. If so do you have any suggestions.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=707

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    if u wanna do it yourself and estimate the weight, leverage angles, rod / damper length, spring rate etc., you are welcome to try it. personally i just let the engineers do that stuff and bought the product that is proven to work on our cars (the prototype was done by a TGC member).

these are the ones i'm talking about. they are cheap and work perfectly:

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-MITSU-GALANT-9903.html

i have the ELITE version but they do have a cheaper version that works equally as well (but doesn't look as icy) and costs a little more than 1/2 as much... around $70 for the regular and $120 for the ELITE's. they include all hardware to mount and super clear instructions with pictures. install takes about 15-30 minutes.

Even better. Thanks reelax

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant with a hood prop, and a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with hood shocks, the hood on my jeep wont stay open but the hood prop on the Mitsubishi still works fine ;)
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant with a hood prop, and a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with hood shocks, the hood on my jeep wont stay open but the hood prop on the Mitsubishi still works fine ;)
    you should put the hood prop from your galant on your jeep.

^Now that's a great idea.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    what good pa! yeah theres a lot of shit behind it, you can try see how it goes but maybe our G wasnt meant for it lol...what a transformation lmao... you went from red to green lol wheres my dots now lol...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

My dad has them on his car; After a while (by while, i mean ~5 years), they start to lose effectiveness and you'll need to replace them. But for the first few years, they'll do wonders

1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    what good pa! yeah theres a lot of shit behind it, you can try see how it goes but maybe our G wasnt meant for it lol...what a transformation lmao... you went from red to green lol wheres my dots now lol...
    Someone up there loves me......

Ive heard somewhere that eclipse gen1 and gen2 trunk shocks and mounting brackets should fit just fine...
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CIENFUEGO1 View Post
    Someone up there loves me......
    Lol I bet hope all is well.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you should put the hood prop from your galant on your jeep.
    I was thinking the same thing. earlier models of the Grand Cherokee had hood props, the base mounting location is still on the radiator support as well as the place to insert the prop on the hood when its open. Just need the hardware.
    Maybe I'm just strange in the way that I like things that actually work...even if they aren't the neatest way to do it ;)

Like this new "fly by wire" throttle...because throttle cables failed so often... Now we have Toyota's firing themselves into phone poles...nice. Maybe instead of putting a little bracket on the gas pedal and rewriting the software they should stop by the bike shop and pick up some brake cable...run it to the throttle body.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...