The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any thoughts on the Dreamspeed CAI after all it's only $125

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Any thoughts on the Dreamspeed CAI after all it's only $125

I called them up today and they have it stock but would like to your opinions........
    The Altima

Dream speed is a pretty good company. I know they are good people to the stratus guys. One of my boys is good friends with the owner. so I say go for it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

dreamspeed sells a good bargain priced intake. one thing you might wanna watch out for though is the filter. some members talk about them falling apart overtime, but yea overall the intakes are good. maybe upgrade to a k&n later on possibly.

another option you might wanna look at also for a low cost cai is CP. you sometimes find them on ebay for less than 100 dollars but a good search on google will also find them for less than 100 dollars.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Dreamspeed CAI..

I have had one since Sept 2002.. the metal bracket broke that attached the lower pipe to the car after like 5 months of use..

So I decided to see if they stand behind their product, I called and explained what happened. They were very nice and said a free replacement would be in mail the next day.. then next week.. no replacement lower pipe.... I emailed,called,emailed called.. for 3 months str8.. and was told it was shiped off, in the mail.. oops I forgot to ship it, I sent it today..for 3.5 months!!

I finally received it while I was in school last month....they stood behind the product, just took almost 4 months to get the part... luckily I kept my K&N filter and slapped that on the upper pipe.. yeah making a short ram intake..

Still havent put new lower pipe back on...maybe I'll do that this weekend..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Freeze
    ptuning.com has the injen air intake (inbetween the short ram and race intake) for only $190.00 free shipping in stock.

I bought one yesterday....I would spend the extra and go that route.

Thanks y'all the INJEN is a short ram intake, naw don't think so
    The Altima

I've had the Dreamspeed Cai for almost a year. I had a similar problem with the bracket breakin that's it.

however overall price makes it worth it.

I found an AEM CAI for 216 shipped from Tozka Motorsports...

http://www.tozka.com/store/catalog/product...products_id/108
    The Altima

leadfoot
    nice find i think ill get the cai pretty damn soon.

I've had the Dreamspeed since April 2002, and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Other than the fact that the rubber gasket things are discolored from the heat of the engine bay, it's worked awesome. Personally, I think it's a great intake, especially for the low cost.
    -Clay

2000 Kalapana Black ES V6

White 18 Katana Concept 10's.
    B&W all the way!

Censee
    to me i think all CAI are the same.... a piece of metal pipe with a filter at the end......