The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My new project: Custom trunk board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    lol EDIT nevermind it didn't work .. if not i'll post some up later tonight, buz im at work right now lol

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    mine really never warped and still looks new but i also have the all black galant carpet that covers the whole trunk i have a pic posted on my pics

I screwed small strips of wood horizontally across the factory one and cut them thinner for the sides where it is on top the trunk floor. Fixed the warped problem and added support so it doesn't cave...it held up so far but I had to cut it because the part under te enclosed sub box wouldn't let me pick it up. I have to build a new floor piece because I'm building a custom sub box to put the subs on the sides of the trunk.

so this is what i did... ok so i cant get this to load it always says i exceed my limit...
    http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/IMAG0040.jpg
    thats the only pic i have of it right now, what i did was use 5/8 particle board and cut it to make a floor of the trunk, but... i made a hole the size of a subwoofer box EXACTLY, so the the box sits in the spare tire compartment, making more room in the trunk than i had with two subs.. i still gotta carpet it also lol... if anybody its able to post it up, feel free go ahead..

nice..i love it.... i def need to do something like this soon my trunk space is fugly..
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    so this is what i did... ok so i cant get this to load it always says i exceed my limit...
    http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/IMAG0040.jpg
    thats the only pic i have of it right now, what i did was use 5/8 particle board and cut it to make a floor of the trunk, but... i made a hole the size of a subwoofer box EXACTLY, so the the box sits in the spare tire compartment, making more room in the trunk than i had with two subs.. i still gotta carpet it also lol... if anybody its able to post it up, feel free go ahead..
    ^here you go:

I did something similar to this with 2 8" kicker L7's in my last car but I never thought to make the whole floor. I cut the factory trunk piece and screwed it over top the custom box (so the box was sunk into the spare tire compartment). It def was not to spec but looked good.

^thanks man... i actually like it, more room looks decent, and i think its because i don't have it carpeted yet, but its a bit louder than 2 subs...

Anyone else with more pics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12