The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Adjusting JDM Heads Problem

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Adjusting JDM Heads Problem

Hey guys, it seems that when i try to adjust my passenger side, nothing happens. I turn the bottom knob to adjust it up/down and nothing happens...no matter which way i turn the knob. Is my knob broken?

the JDM's have 2 separate adjustable beams. each beam has it's own left/right and up/down screw (they look like they have a washer w/ teeth). make sure you are turning the correct screw... u may b adjusting the wrong beam w/o knowing.

I was told by S-Line that the bottom screw adjusts up/down. That's the one ive been trying to turn on my passenger side, but it seems to do nothing :cry: Well, i'll try again later. Thanks.

yeah there's one of those for the low beam and another on for high beam. make sure you are turning the right one. u might have been adjusting the high beam when u were trying to adjust the low beam.

is it possible that the top knob could be for the low beam on the passenger side? We'll, i will give it a try.

I am having trouble finding which adjuster adjusts the low beams only. I am getting flashed by everyone and I will get pulled over as i have 35w 12k hids flashing in everyones faces. Its adjusted a little too high or they are just too bright.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Perhaps its because u have anoyin HIDs on halogen headlamps theyr flashing u? :P Get some projectors! ur spreading the light everywhere, it wont mather how much ur gonna adjust em. JDM/EUDM lamps are made for halogen bulbs only, too strong light and it will spread out like that.
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 04-27-2010 at 09:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Perhaps its because u have anoyin HIDs on halogen headlamps theyr flashing u? :P Get some projectors! ur spreading the light everywhere, it wont mather how much ur gonna adjust em. JDM/EUDM lamps are made for halogen bulbs only, too strong light and it will spread out like that.
    For that reason I'm using 35w hid's... I think I would be good if i adjusted the light level below the drivers eyes so they dont seem like hi beams. You are right but I would like to find a way around it. You know?

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

U cant avoid the light spread no mather how low u adjust em. Theyr spreading out 10 times more than normal.
    U can rebuild the JDMs with projectors. Cut out the back and take out the old bulb house and put in projectors instead. Have seen it been done on cars from japan and some from Germany.
    I think there are some JDM/EUDM heads on Ebay thats rebuilded to projectors aswell :)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    U cant avoid the light spread no mather how low u adjust em. Theyr spreading out 10 times more than normal.
    U can rebuild the JDMs with projectors. Cut out the back and take out the old bulb house and put in projectors instead. Have seen it been done on cars from japan and some from Germany.
    I think there are some JDM/EUDM heads on Ebay thats rebuilded to projectors aswell :)
    ahh this sucks. Thank you!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse