The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: K&N Intake Filter question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Tiptronic

K&N Intake Filter question

okay, i have checked the boards, and reviewed the threads associated with intake filters, but none of them state SPECIFICALLY what the item number is or the part number for the K&N intake filter. can i get some help here

You talking about the cone or the drop in?
    If its the cone.. I think I still have the box out in my storage room.. lemme go have a look...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

go to the k&n filter webpage. they have a tool that helps you find the right size filter for you. different intakes will have different sized piping with different sized opening for the filters. also, you if you can you might want to go with a bigger filter since those need to be cleaned less than ones that are smaller.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

P is right..

The filter needs to be the size of your MAS adapter..

The MAS adapter I had used a RU-4260 K&N Cone filter..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Senior TGC Member
    Or to make things really simple, just buy from RRE.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiptronic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>You talking about the cone or the drop in?
    If its the cone.. I think I still have the box out in my storage room.. lemme go have a look...</div>

oops. yes chrome, i'm referring to the cone. :oops: okay, i got the injen 1840p
    now that i'm looking on websites, that number you bave me says that its a universal filter. i'm thinking there was a specific one that went with the injen intake.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>KNRU4260 - Universal Rubber Filter</div>

going price is like $35.

bsimpson38

Re: K&N Intake Filter question

I have recently installed the K&N Typhoon 69-6501TS http://www.knfilters.com/typhoon/tappguide...mitsubishi.html
    which is actually designed for the 99-03 Eclipse 3.0 V6 but it's an exact match as they are basically the exact engine. Performs and sounds great.
    Awesome mod.

Tiptronic
    so it shouldnt matter that i have a 4cyl