The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This is how our Gs are being sold in Japan...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    the usdm g is still nice though no one can front about that but there right it seems like we got the leftovers lol. not sure about the 9g but the most expensive 8g is the gtz. those stock have what??? sunroof, primium sound, sport suspension, spoiler etc. im just blabbing but im sure you guys know what im trying to say... right? if im not making sense tell me to shut up lol.jk
    Yeah we get the Pioneer systems and sunroof, but we only have the option of automatics transmissions, no turbo-powered motors like that of the foreign models and they have a variety of bumpers, tailights, headlights, etc. Sure we are able to get them available here thanks to those few people who want to see this breed of car advance but I wish things were as cheap and readily available here as they are over there. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    the usdm g is still nice though no one can front about that but there right it seems like we got the leftovers lol. not sure about the 9g but the most expensive 8g is the gtz. those stock have what??? sunroof, primium sound, sport suspension, spoiler etc. im just blabbing but im sure you guys know what im trying to say... right? if im not making sense tell me to shut up lol.jk
    the JDM/worldspec galants also cost more than ours when they were new. like i said, the segment of the market they were in would be closer to our DIAMANTE (mid size luxury sedan). the US is the only country to get the 3.0L; the biggest engine outside the US for the 8G was 2.5L. actually, although they look alike, the worldspec/JDM galants are only barely the same cars as we have. the suspensions, engines, 75%+ of the body panels and glass are different. the US version is almost totally redesigned for this market by MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA (who designed the 9G as well). by adding all the stuff worldspec had (except for major things like AWD/turbo etc.), you basically have a worldspec option list. i have leather, sunroof, coilovers, roof spoiler, multi-piece forged wheels, etc. the only things i might want would be the turbo/AWD... but that only came stock on the very top model range (VR-4) and was not cheap (the VR-4 new cost more than an EVO).

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    Yeah we get the Pioneer systems and sunroof, but we only have the option of automatics transmissions, no turbo-powered motors like that of the foreign models and they have a variety of bumpers, tailights, headlights, etc. Sure we are able to get them available here thanks to those few people who want to see this breed of car advance but I wish things were as cheap and readily available here as they are over there. Oh well.
    yeah but their entry fee (purchase price) was higher than ours... it all evens out; also JDM aftermarket parts are not cheap even in japan. plus how boring would life be if it was easy to get all the parts we wanted? everyone would have similar cars. with the advent of the internet, we have access to almost everything made for our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    actually, although they look alike, the worldspec/JDM galants are only barely the same cars as we have. the suspensions, engines, 75%+ of the body panels and glass are different.
    true dat.

i started researching online and reading up on Galants on Russian websites (my first language is Russian), only to gradually find out that GDI does not exist on USDM Galants. i spent like three hours reading how to make GDI work better and how to change out the fuel pumps' internal little fuel filters. silly me

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    the JDM/worldspec galants also cost more than ours when they were new. like i said, the segment of the market they were in would be closer to our DIAMANTE (mid size luxury sedan). the US is the only country to get the 3.0L; the biggest engine outside the US for the 8G was 2.5L. actually, although they look alike, the worldspec/JDM galants are only barely the same cars as we have. the suspensions, engines, 75%+ of the body panels and glass are different. the US version is almost totally redesigned for this market by MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA (who designed the 9G as well). by adding all the stuff worldspec had (except for major things like AWD/turbo etc.), you basically have a worldspec option list. i have leather, sunroof, coilovers, roof spoiler, multi-piece forged wheels, etc. the only things i might want would be the turbo/AWD... but that only came stock on the very top model range (VR-4) and was not cheap (the VR-4 new cost more than an EVO).
    not even sure what to say lol. you KNOW alot about the GALANT i was in awe as i read this. its nuts we can all learn quite a bit from you reelax. n please im not trying to be sarcastic...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

pioneer??? i have infinity 7 speakers and stock radio(now aftermarket) how many different types of sound systems are there for the G?

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Sorry, Infinity is what I meant.

Sorry, Infinity is what I meant.
    i was gonna say lol. i think infinity is better then pioneer anyway lol.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Did anyone notice the mirrors in this video? I gotta have those. The tail lights also remind me of the older Acura TL.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    Did anyone notice the mirrors in this video? I gotta have those. The tail lights also remind me of the older Acura TL.
    the mirrors are standard worldspec power folding mirrors... every 8G in the world got those except for north america. TRIGGERMAUVE can get them and they show up on ebay all the time.

the mirrors are standard worldspec power folding mirrors... every 8G in the world got those except for north america. TRIGGERMAUVE can get them and they show up on ebay all the time.
    However, these had the LED turn signal behind the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    However, these had the LED turn signal behind the mirror.
    good catch. that can be added too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123