The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I've searched everywhere and cant find this part...T.T

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

I've searched everywhere and cant find this part...T.T

I took this pic off a thread n it belongs to Reelax..using it as a reference idk if i could do that or not but i really needed help finding this part

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...nons110869.jpg

ok im guessin u looked at the pic already n u see above the crash bar..theres also 1 long bar that is connected on the crash bar which is suppose to also support the bumper n keep it from saggin...well i never had either of the 2..i jus ordered a crash bar n im really really lost as to where i can find that other support that holds up ur bumper n keeps it from saggin..i been searchin for a couple months now n also went to local junk yards n no hope..they're all missin at the junkyards...so plz if any1 can help me find this long support bar that connects to the crash bar to help support n keep the bumper from saggin..i would truly appreciate it very much...i've search high n low on the internet n local junk yards n came up empty handed...

here's pics of the gap due to that part missin..my bumper is jus saggin but itz held up by 6 screws...2 on each side of the fenders n 2 in the middle where the nose is..should b 3 more on each side under the headlights but im missin that support bar that connects to the crash bar...plz im very anxious cuz my car would look alot better if it wasnt saggin!!!

lol im missin the driver side grille..but itz ok im gettin the 99-01 grill n doin a DIY "Zenki Aero" grill..also goin to get a body kit soon

Last edited by 02GalantGuy; 05-06-2010 at 08:46 PM

actually that part is welded to the subframe/radiator support (can be bolted by drilling some holes).

11 = upper support

https://www.partswebsite.com/mitsubi...magecallout=11

O.O.......thank you Reelax!!! i been searching for that for the longest..and wow it looked like it was bolted on the crash bar...i really appreciate it so much..my bumper has been saggin eva since i bought the car..also i used ur pic lol i kno itz already too late to tell u this but thankz..funny how ur also the one to help me...now i can finally get rid of that saggin look....xDDD so happy now..thankz again so much lol

Where could I find that bumper in the first post Ive been looking for it thx anyone

Quote Originally Posted by chop86 View Post
    Where could I find that bumper in the first post Ive been looking for it thx anyone
    japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    japan.
    Damn

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    actually that part is welded to the subframe/radiator support (can be bolted by drilling some holes).

11 = upper support

https://www.partswebsite.com/mitsubi...magecallout=11
    that part is definetly NOT welded to anything. It bolts to the front of the radiator support with two bolts, it bolts up near the lower inner edge of the headlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    that part is definetly NOT welded to anything. It bolts to the front of the radiator support with two bolts, it bolts up near the lower inner edge of the headlights.
    could have sworn on my '99 it was welded. i think from looking at the diagrams, the '02-'03 is bolted on, but the '99-'01 is welded, or maybe my body shop did that?

here's the '99-'01 version:

i have am 01 and mine is bolted i have taken it off twice now to fix my front end from a fender bender i got into 3 days after buying the car.

Reelax how much was that bumper thx

Quote Originally Posted by chop86 View Post
    Reelax how much was that bumper thx
    total to the customs warehouse near LAX was around $1,500 (just the bumper), 5+ years ago.

total to the customs warehouse near LAX was around $1,500 (just the bumper), 5+ years ago.
    out of my league

could have sworn on my '99 it was welded. i think from looking at the diagrams, the '02-'03 is bolted on, but the '99-'01 is welded, or maybe my body shop did that?

here's the '99-'01 version:

yeah they are both bolt on. I have a 99' I have taken that thing off a ton of times when test fitting/modifying my intercooler and mounts.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yeah they are both bolt on. I have a 99' I have taken that thing off a ton of times when test fitting/modifying my intercooler and mounts.
    i'll go check next time i take off my bumper. they probably spot welded it higher to close the gaps... my gaps between bumper and grill, grill and hood are VERY tight.

i'll go check next time i take off my bumper. they probably spot welded it higher to close the gaps... my gaps between bumper and grill, grill and hood are VERY tight.
    that might be it. I know I have a very small gap but at first it was so tight I couldnt get my headlights out, I had to kinda push down on the car a bit to gain a few mm's of clearance.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

JUNK YARD is your best friend.

I dont even think they are that expensive new, like prolly ebay for like $60 or dealer for $80 or so.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

that might be it. I know I have a very small gap but at first it was so tight I couldnt get my headlights out, I had to kinda push down on the car a bit to gain a few mm's of clearance.
    yeah i can't even take my headlights out unless i take off my bumper... the lower JDM headlight tabs that go under the grill, go under my bumper, so they're locked in and there is no gap at all.

yeah i can't even take my headlights out unless i take off my bumper... the lower JDM headlight tabs that go under the grill, go under my bumper, so they're locked in and there is no gap at all.
    I have mine mounted above, thats why I can get away with it.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS