The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cracking speakers

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Cracking speakers

Hello every one,

I'm new here and still learning my way around. So, please pardon me if any mistake is made.

Here is my problem:
    I just bought a 2005 Galant. The speakers make cracking sound when the music is delivered through all four speakers or just the front ones. However, the sound becomes normal when I sent the music to the back speakers only.
    I will appreciate all of your input.

Note: I check the wires in the back of the stereo and everything seems OK. I look for the stock amp under the seats and the trunk and couldn't find it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Well, sounds like you have blown front speakers. Reason you don't hear it when you switch to the rear ones is because all the sound comes out the rear now and none through the front..lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Honestly I was gonna say that but I wasnt sure or I misread it. If you have speakers with a factory amp and factory radio wouldnt it be close to impossible to blow the speakers? I have stock infinity and even with an aftermarket radio my speakers kick ass.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Definetly blown speakers

G57 Dont hate me because you dont know me

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    Honestly I was gonna say that but I wasnt sure or I misread it. If you have speakers with a factory amp and factory radio wouldnt it be close to impossible to blow the speakers? I have stock infinity and even with an aftermarket radio my speakers kick ass.
    You can blow speakers even with an amp connected if you turn it up too high beyond their capabilities or too much bass.

But doesn't a stock radio like cut out like the bass doesn't hit as hard at a certain volume? I know pontiac did it.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

That is what I though at first (blown out speakers). But when I went to a car audio place, they told me that the factory Amp may be causing the problem. However, the Amp is no where to be found. We looked under both seats and in the truck without much luck.

Mine is located under the passenger seat. I dont know the 9G stock radio and speaker setup though. I have 2 in the doors 2 in the mirrors 2 in the back and one in the middle of the dash.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I want to thank all of you for helping out. As you all stated, it truly was a blown speaker (driver side). I fixed it and everything is back to normal.
    Once again, thank you very much.

No problem...

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed