The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pic request: Megan cat-back rear section

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Pic request: Megan cat-back rear section

I'm experimenting with my exhaust a little bit and I am getting annoyed of how my exhaust isn't flush with my rear bumper.

I'm loving the response i'm getting with the car at the moment with the V6 throttle body and the 2.25" exhaust. Prior to measuring everything exhaust wise I THOUGHT the rear section of my exhaust was a 2.5" when i got the old A'pexi N1 muffler welded up. But it is still the stock 2.25".

I'm afraid I will lose the low-end grunt if I up the piping to 2.5" all the way from the cat so I am experimenting with an axle-back solution. What I need is a pic from under the car for those who have the Megan Racing cat-back. I like how the rear of that systems sits and need to know how the piping is routed. I am going to do a legit set-up not just weld on a pipe to the stock piping like how I have it now. I'm going to weld a flange onto the stock piping after the stock flange location, that way if I do upgrade the exhaust once turbo'd I dont have to replace the rear section completely. It will be a bolt-on affair. If it works out for me i am willing to make some set-ups for TGC members at a resonable price. So if you are running the Megan cat-back please post up a pic of the rear section if its not too much of a hassle. Thanks.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I started a similar thread before...check this out...here are a few pics...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36475

hmmm I didnt see that when I was searching through stuff. So it looks like the piping comes down from the axle then up.. ok thanks.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

edit: almost forgot these

Last edited by run1206; 11-04-2009 at 02:51 AM

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Dennster
    that looks pretty bomb.. gotta go get one

definatly worth the money i love mine
    I got mine from here http://www.erzperformance.com/Produc...G9924&CartID=1
    its $338.35 with free shipping the cheapest price i found