The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGT GAUGE

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

EGT GAUGE

2 questions:
    1. what is good EGT gauge (that works quick) and that is affordable (around $150) ????
    2. What is the leaniest safe temperature for our engine????
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

You'll have a hard time finding one at that price. All the ones I've priced our have been in the 200-250 dollar range. Just slightly less expensive than an SAFC. Westach makes a good one, so does ProFlo. Also, keep in mind that the gauge reading will be drastically affected by where you install the probe. I have no idea where the Galant runs, but my Mazda use to run at around 1600 degrees.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

SuperchargedGTZ
    i got priced at like 200....why would you want one? are you going to boost soon....otherwise it is a waste. do you have any mods that would effect the fuel/air ratio?? i was thinking of getting one because i am running super rich (i think)...but got an AFC which i think i ruined last night trying to install.

Black2k1GTZ
    Ive got the autometer pro-comp series EGT guage. I ordered mine from here. With the probe I think it ran $170 or so. Ive ordered alot of stuff from this site...and they are really good about everything!!!

Marc :mg:

does anyone know the temperature though????????????????????
    if not, who knows- is there any website or technicians that know (any telephone #) so i can ae sure that i am running right temp??????
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Martin,
    Send a PM to Manybrews, he might be able to help you.
    Matt
    Love,
    Matt