The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: painting my 7g

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    xpldy

painting my 7g

ok i have a huge dent and a couple little dents in my car . the guy whos gonna fix em for me will also paint the car another color if i want it (just colors.....no stripes or anything like that). its a 96 and its white, and i cant decide on another color or white. Any thoughts or ideas?

Khameleon paint !!! if not candy red would be hott or patriot blue

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    eh kameleon paint is gross

id go w/ a nice shade of dark blue myself
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    3 layer metallic hunter green :thumbsup:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

J
    lambo orange.

jk

a dark blue

Experienced TGC Member
    What's up with everyone painting their cars blue? Blue is wack
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

i think dark, dark silver/grey is nice... with a body kit, rims and dark tint...yea too many people have blue although it might look pretty nice though...ooohhh i can picture it already 8)
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

xpldy
    yea i like dark grey and blue.....gowayne's(95vegasgalant) color is sick, but i dont want to copy him with the same color. the bad thing about the dark blue is the desert heat here in vegas. wont having a dark car suck for the days during the summer?

xpldy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>3 layer metallic hunter green Â*:thumbsup:</div>
    cant because its a 2 layer paint that he uses 4 the price (600 to fix and paint ), but i think dark green would be tight

how about then dark grey with a lil touch of blue in the paint soo its not really gray or maybe a touch of brown in the paint with grey ... thats pretty unique

xpldy
    i think it has to be just one color, but there are a ton in his catalogue so i could probably find something like that. but would a dark color be a problem?

I am against repainting cars a different color. There are tons of places that will still have the factory color (inside the engine bay, around the door jams, inside the trunk)
    It's just not worth it. Paint it the stock color or maybe a shade off from what you had.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

queball
    IM a painter and was going to shoot my car silvery gray but then i decided what a pain in the add since my car is OEM green id have to paint every thing to make it look nice or roll around in a silver car with green door jams and a green trunk not to mention the green engine compatment, and then that just dops the resale value.. so i was thinking more of a green that woudn't realy be noticable but better looking.. since my paint on my rear drivers piller is flaking off for some strange reason and my roof is nice a shiny BUT it looks like some one painted over bad paint its nasty

xpldy
    thanks 4 all the responses
    i think ill paint it just off the white that i had before 8)

Jaxus
    not to rain on your parade, but remember, if this is for free (or even if not), you also have doorjams, and under your hood. I had a car (truck, actually) painted a few years back at Macco or whatever, they were like "oh, it'll be $179!" and then it was $179, plus $50 for a 'color change', $50 for the fact that it was a truck, $50 per door jam (2), and $60 for under the hood.

i forgot all about the engine compartment and door jams :x thats gonna suck if i paint my car in the future....