The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rack n My Opinion lol

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Rack n My Opinion lol

ok i got a new Rac n pinion and i accidentally but regular power steering oil in it. i need it takes tranny oil but the repair is have trouble bleeding it out the air or fluid. they say sum bout it still has air in the system. i think it was foaming or sum. i want my car back bad, help me help them

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    bleeding the power steering fluid can be a pain in the ass, i had to do it 3 times until everything felt normal again....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

so just keep bleeding it till it feel right?

That's the best bet at this point.

i think the wrong fluid f'ed up the pump

I've had regular advance auto brand power steering fluid in mine for the past 3 years and I haven't had any problems (knock on wood)

To bleed the power steering system, the repair manual says to first remove the reservoir cap. Put the car in neutral / park. Then rev to about 2k RPM while turning the steering wheel all the way to full lock left and then all the way to full lock right. Do this repeatedly until no foam/bubbles are seen in the reservoir.

-> Taken directly out of the Haynes manual. Worked for me, took me about ten minutes, but that did the trick.

EDIT: In my experience, power steering oil = A/T oil
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

1997 Galant ES with '94-95 style front end and '97 style rear