The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: distrubator problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

distrubator problem

well have a nother problem i think the main seal on the dis is bad i got oil slowey leaking on to the tranny......i took it all out and got a used one from a 95 (m$ine is a 96) but now when i get on it, it misses and i cant figure out why....???

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    because u were suppose to get a new one from pep boys, kragen, or autozone u cant just buy a used one and expect it to work

u need a new cap
    03 I4

i didnt buy it my friend had one off a 95 4g64

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Get a brand new seal from Mitsubishi...they're not expensive at all.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

well i called auto zone and o reillys and they both told me i cant buy just the seal....but i will stop buy the dealer today and see what theay say

Don't buy used ignition components dude. Ignition components wear out over time, in fact thats the whole way a distrubutor functions is by wearing contact points together at fixed time intervals to send a current to the spark plug when the corresponding pistons gets to TDC.

so, do you want a distrubutor with points that are already worn out and firing later than they are supposed to, when that was the whole problem you had in the first place, or

Do you want a nice new shiny one that will fire awesome powaaa !
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

well yes i know used ones are not good to get but i dont have the $266 to get a new one

what is that seal called for the distributor