The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just me

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

just me

Hi everyone, im a longtime Mitsu fan, after having children I left from the 99 SE eclipse to the 03 Galant. I picked it up with under 40K on clock. Not wanting to feel butt hurt for throwing away the 1 month old, 1k set of tires from with the eclipse I quickly set the Eclipse rim on the Galant. Yokohama something or others, 215/55/17. Great no problems. Well over the last few years I have pushed my tires to the max, not being able to afford new tires I've had to rely on used ones. So bout a month ago I was blessed enough to find a great deal and didn't feel bad about spending the money, yokohama avid's, 215/55/17, EXACTLY what the doc ordered.

BUUTTTTTT, the front passenger tire rubbed on something, and if I have more then just myself in the car it rubs when i go over dips in the freeway and what not, speed bumps etc. It's gotten so bad with sitting in the sun all day that with my kids in the car its doing it and it was not just a few weeks ago.

So online I went, and here I am. Thanks & good day

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    correct tire size for a 17 inch rim is 215/45/17 or 225/45/17 a 55 series tire will be very tall.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes your tire's are too tall! Your speedometer if probably off by a few mph as well. Just a heads up. I am a little confused by your previous tire though. Seems like you picked up the same brand and the same tire size. Get us some pictures if you don't mind!

Welcome to TGC!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

ISMASG90
    oh 5hyt have the eclipse rims 17" with Yokohama tires