The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: paint job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    greengalantboy

paint job

where da best place 2 get paint job

i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 08-13-2010 at 11:14 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................
    What he means to say is, we need to know where you live because some members may live near you that can better answer your question.

OP from your previous posts I hardly believe you have a 4G64T under the hood. If (we assume) you can spend that amount of cash for search and installations you'd probably know where to find a paint and body shop in your area . Plus we don't even know where you live.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    home depot has a great selection of paints and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    home depot has a great selection of paints and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!
    LOL. But for real you have to let us know where you live. I'm in NYC

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

lol haha

greengalantboy
    fayetteville, NC

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    why dont u just go look around in YOUR area unless your doin the paint job urself
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    why dont u just go look around in YOUR area unless your doin the paint job urself
    x2. Just get it right the first time. Take it to a shop. Do some research of a good paint shop to paint your G. I got lucky with mines because i work in a body shop. The entire car was 35000 got it for 1000 with body work and a BMW paint on it. Came out really good. Its a good thing when you know people there and there.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Just drive to few body shops around your area get quotes, and see there workmanship on other cars.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Just dont go with maaco (previous owner of my g did that) and its gotta be one of the worst paint jobs ive ever seen its just terrible.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Quote Originally Posted by reiketsutsukigami View Post
    Just dont go with maaco (previous owner of my g did that) and its gotta be one of the worst paint jobs ive ever seen its just terrible.
    lol he probably got the $199.99 special

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i just got a "1 Day Paint" paint job and im happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by reiketsutsukigami View Post
    Very true, i thought that was only where i live but i guess its everywhere. Maaco has a cheap method of painting your vehicle, the only reason why i would use them again is if im trying to sell the vehicle. Ive had 2 vehicles in our family that were painted like complete shit. It may looks real nice and shiny on the out side, but that is where the "looks may be deceiving" thing comes into play.

FuegoNegro8g
    Out here in They have "1 A Day Paint" , someone i know got a paint job there for cheap like $700. Think the best package they offer is under $1K. Paint looked nice. But i don't know man, for that price i mean that's too good of a deal. I had my car painted about 4 years ago at one of those cheap places and now its starting to peel here and there.

I'm in the same boat as you though i need a new paint job but i really don't want to spend a lot of money to paint it again. I love my car and all but damn im not trying to be pouring every penny i have into it. If thats the case im better off saving and buying a newer one. im just saying.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i got mine for $700 as well. im happy with the job they did. PM me if you want to know more about them

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

macco does good work if you pay for it ,and not ther 199 crap, look at it this way you get what you pay for..

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZTY g View Post
    macco does good work if you pay for it ,and not ther 199 crap, look at it this way you get what you pay for..
    its really about the prep work, if the base is not good then everything else will be shitty which seems to be the problem with them and usually the majority of macco franchises do not have paint booths which is a big minus for me.

nice sig^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast