The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18" Question - Yes I have Searched

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    FuegoNegro8g
    Damn, dude told me they weighed 20 pounds when i called him. I found out the name brand is called 2 Crave BTW. Can find no reviews. So i think im just going to hold back.

I found a guy selling these exact 5-ZIGEN Fn01r-C wheels for $650 w/ no tires
    They are 18x8.5. I know that they are a good brand from reading on here. But i wasn't sure about the whole 8.5 thing. And these weigh like 21-22 lbs a piece. Is that what you'd consider light? Without stepping into the 12 lbs ballpark and paying major loot:

Only problem is i want em all black lol

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by FuegoNegro8g View Post
    Damn, dude told me they weighed 20 pounds when i called him. I found out the name brand is called 2 Crave BTW. Can find no reviews. So i think im just going to hold back.

I found a guy selling these exact 5-ZIGEN Fn01r-C wheels for $650 w/ no tires
    They are 18x8.5. I know that they are a good brand from reading on here. But i wasn't sure about the whole 8.5 thing. And these weigh like 21-22 lbs a piece. Is that what you'd consider light? Without stepping into the 12 lbs ballpark and paying major loot:

Only problem is i want em all black lol
    get em powdercoated......

and what's the offset?

FuegoNegro8g
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    get em powdercoated......

and what's the offset?
    Either 30 or 38. I was on the manufactures website. Emailed the seller still waiting for reply.

Maybe you can tell me some lightweight wheel brands that make quality product. Hate how all these tire sites don't list the weights of their wheels. Tires add like another 20 Lbs to your wheel, i think. I found one website that did but they don't allow you to see wheels over 17" once you enter in your galant as the car.
    Last edited by FuegoNegro8g; 08-18-2010 at 03:55 PM

blue8g
    IMO the best inexpensive brands are Kosei, Enkei, Buddy Club

They are great lightweight, strong wheels

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Well light weight wheels that are high quality cost money in any size. I have some SSR's in a 19" sites say they are 21.1 lbs. To me with tires they feel about the same as stock GTZ wheels with tires.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge View Post
    Well light weight wheels that are high quality cost money in any size. I have some SSR's in a 19" sites say they are 21.1 lbs. To me with tires they feel about the same as stock GTZ wheels with tires.
    well bigger tires weigh more too

Even my old TE37's weren't much lighter than the 14's on my Civic

FuegoNegro8g
    Can you go with 225/35 tires on 18". I only ask because sometimes i see people with 18" and its just too much tire too fat.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Can you go with 225/35 tires on 18". I only ask because sometimes i see people with 18" and its just too much tire too fat.
    You can, but you shouldn't since you'll change the wheel-tire diameter and your speedo will not be as accurate, stock diameter is around 25" and with 18 with 225/35 are 24.2, althought not by much, when your speedo reads 60mph you'll be at 58.4, not much but I would go with the correct size since you'll need all the meat you can to protect the rims and to keep as much ride comfort as possible. Believe me with low profile tires you'll fell everything on the road and I mean everything.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-18-2010 at 07:20 PM

4g64T 5spd

You 'should' be running either 225/40R18 or 215/40R18s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12