The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WeaponR Cold Air Dragon Intake System w/ Ram Air

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    escoson

WeaponR Cold Air Dragon Intake System w/ Ram Air

ok. what do you guys think of it? i e-mailed the company and they said it is for the i4 and v6. has anyone ever used this system or has it? heres a link to the ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2422187538

That's not a Galant in the picture, obviously. So my question would be where does it get the air from for the ram effect. Our headlights cover that corner of the car all the way to the grill. I know Shane and I remove the driver's headlight when we go to the track to get the ram air effect on our short ram. I don't see how this could work with a CAI. Also, it looks like dryer hose to go from the filter to the box. Seems like a lot of money to me.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Weapon R sucks!!!!!

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

escoson
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's not a Galant in the picture, obviously. So my question would be where does it get the air from for the ram effect. Our headlights cover that corner of the car all the way to the grill. I know Shane and I remove the driver's headlight when we go to the track to get the ram air effect on our short ram. I don't see how this could work with a CAI. Also, it looks like dryer hose to go from the filter to the box. Seems like a lot of money to me.</div>

there is a tube on the bottom that goes down to the bottom like the injen race devision.

ive also heard that about weapon r from other people. i think i mite just stick with the injen rd if i dont get th sc within a few months.

sp uhm, its 300 dollars

its a short ram intake
    a buncha dryer hose
    and that box.

not worth 300 dollars to me.

short ram intake 100 dollars
    ram air kit that you can make from parts from the hardware store 20 dollars.

that leaves about 180 dollars for that box.

and i kinda see the point of the box. air goes into the box, cools down (or heat up) a lil bit then goes up the intake pipe. but then you got the ram air kit too and that connects the lower pipe to the upper pipe directly, just ahving the box would just cover the connection.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>sp uhm, its 300 dollars Â*

its a short ram intake Â*
    a buncha dryer hose
    and that box.

not worth 300 dollars to me. Â*
    </div>

Not worth a dollar IMO because it is Weapon R.

Im one of the guys that had the bad lunch on purchasing a Weapon R product...who cares if it works...be safe dont buy it or anything else they produce. Dont bother calling there customer support....thats like getting directions from a New yorker....not going to happen...

I had to go all the way to the owner of Weapon R before I was able to get my refund.

escoson
    so in all i should stick with my original plan for the injen rd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>so in all i should stick with my original plan for the injen rd </div>

Injen is the way to go. I bought one and have had no complaints and nothing but excellent reviews myself. There customer service is great also. A very good company to work with.

ScOtTiE_MaK
    the only good thing that cam from weapon r is there racing muffuler...also any airbox like that is bullshit unless your talking some serious forced induction...and even if they do work weapon r wouldn't be the way to go with it.

keep shopping